• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
kopped ... thx for this tom!!!

you will very pleased with the saddle in color#4 and black

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah cant wait ... he showed me a pic and i love the contrast. i needed shoes for spring to go along with my navy suede bucks so this will be perfect

took a huge chunk of change so prolly my only purchase for next few months haha. but im sure its worth it since #4 is the hardest to get

LeatherHead

Reaction score
i swear i was fitted with a fake pair of kidskin captoes at moulded shoe , and then a real pair of calf, they ask way too much for seemingly flawed Aldens although im sure you could bargain atleast 100 of their asking price! nice guys though haha, very weird/oldschool shop though. modified last.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherHead
sorry Chris your not gonna find anything interesting the midtown Alden shop, its a strictly standard shop so you should take Dexters advice and head to west village for Leffot

I disagree, Alden Madison Ave has tons of shoes (even if none of them are in your size) and usually has a representative sample of all the shell colors. For the person just becoming familar with Alden it is the perfect spot (and it has a certain old NY feel to it - these are guys who came up with one of my favorite expressions: "**** kicker ville").

Leffot may be the finest shoe store I've ever set foot in. Period. And most every shoe they have is exquisite, but they may only have 10-15 Alden shoes at any given time.

Just my .02.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i am very jealous of you that you have homework to finish and can afford aldens. LOL.
Mind you, this homework is for my MBA degree. I already have a B.S. and M.S.
smile.gif
Back in high school and undergrad years, I was wearing Jordans and limited edition Nike's. Tom, you're killing me here. I was already in bed watching Wall Street. But can't sleep...so I turned on the computer to see you have the #4 available.
frown.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^hw already? school started? gtown starts next week fml

yeah styleforum takes all my monies ... between tom, mike, kiya, mauro ... i have no idea where i find rent

Aries83

Reaction score
Popped in to Leathersoul this week whilst attending a conference in Hawaii.

Wow, beautiful store. Really friendly salesmen too, showed off my captoe 8 on the plaza last purchased from them years ago and the chap was so taken aback he gave me a free tin of polish to keep them looking good.

I tried on the new perforated captoes in 8, they are stunning. I know Tom has inquired in to purchasing my 8 captoes from me to use as a display model, and I was half-convinced to do it so I could get the perforated captoes they were so beautiful!

Sadly (or gladly for my wallet), you were not around Tom, so I took the new boots off and made myself get out of there before it was too late!

Fantastic shop though.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
I disagree, Alden Madison Ave has tons of shoes (even if none of them are in your size) and usually has a representative sample of all the shell colors. For the person just becoming familar with Alden it is the perfect spot (and it has a certain old NY feel to it - these are guys who came up with one of my favorite expressions: "**** kicker ville").

Leffot may be the finest shoe store I've ever set foot in. Period. And most every shoe they have is exquisite, but they may only have 10-15 Alden shoes at any given time.

Just my .02.

Thank you for your input - I am not a newbie to Alden, just looking for a place with a fair amount of stock that I can grab a pair or two more while in NYC. I will eventually make it to Leffot, but I've emailed with them and they do not have my size in the makeups I find interesting. Now I'm really intrigued about my visit to Alden NYC, as most comments here have been negative.

sellran

Reaction score
I went to the NYC Madison shop this past week to try on some longwings. I've been buying size 10D (barrie last), but think I'm really a 9.5E which is hard to find to just try on. They didn't have any shoes I particularly liked in 9.5E but I did like the fit. For the heck of it I walked up to Citishoes on Park Avenue which carries a lot of Aldens. They had just gotten in an order of whiskey longwings and had every size in various widths. I wasn't there to necessarily buy shoes, but the 9.5Es fit so well I had to get them. And by signing up for their mailing list they gave me $60 off (which didn't hurt).

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellran
I went to the NYC Madison shop this past week to try on some longwings. I've been buying size 10D (barrie last), but think I'm really a 9.5E which is hard to find to just try on. They didn't have any shoes I particularly liked in 9.5E but I did like the fit. For the heck of it I walked up to Citishoes on Park Avenue which carries a lot of Aldens. They had just gotten in an order of whiskey longwings and had every size in various widths. I wasn't there to necessarily buy shoes, but the 9.5Es fit so well I had to get them. And by signing up for their mailing list they gave me $60 off (which didn't hurt).

Those look great. Wear them well.

brozek

Reaction score
Motivated mostly by this thread, I just ordered a pair of chromexcel Indy boots. I realize they're not an rare, exclusive make-up or anything, but boy howdy, I'm excited for them to get here next week!

triumphman

Reaction score
i just bought my first two pair of alden boots w/in one month span...

i'm done for a while....

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triumphman
i just bought my first two pair of alden boots w/in one month span...

i'm done for a while....

that's what we all say

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those whiskey longwings look great! and yes the guys at citishoes are very friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads