1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Popped in to Leathersoul this week whilst attending a conference in Hawaii.

Wow, beautiful store. Really friendly salesmen too, showed off my captoe 8 on the plaza last purchased from them years ago and the chap was so taken aback he gave me a free tin of polish to keep them looking good.

I tried on the new perforated captoes in 8, they are stunning. I know Tom has inquired in to purchasing my 8 captoes from me to use as a display model, and I was half-convinced to do it so I could get the perforated captoes they were so beautiful!

Sadly (or gladly for my wallet), you were not around Tom, so I took the new boots off and made myself get out of there before it was too late!

Fantastic shop though.

Thanks for stopping by and sorry I missed you!

2. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior Member

This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay:

Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller.

Whoever bought these at $475 got a steal!

3. twin8885

twin8885 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Can anyone identify these Aldens?

4. justin8818

justin8818 New Member

^ My guess would be the #8 cap-toe boots for J.Crew...

5. alanjav

alanjav Senior Member

6. bah0916

bah0916 Active Member

Can't find anything on the buying/selling forum, so figured I would look here:

Anyone looking to sell their Indy Boots? Looking for an 8.5D in pretty much anything, although Brown Chrome Excel would be first choosing. Commando sole or neoprene cork; either is fine.

7. triumphman

triumphman Senior Member

Thor, you have any updated pics of your #8 indy's?

Just scrolled back to through some old pages and wanted to see what yours look like nowadays...

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

im pretty sure i asked this before but cant remember the consensus ... once i get more money in a month or so im going to finally pull the trigger on some alden suede chukkas to replace my years old sand suede clarks db ... [​IMG] whats the best color with jeans? snuff suede?

9. rick

rick Senior Member

im pretty sure i asked this before but cant remember the consensus ... once i get more money in a month or so im going to finally pull the trigger on some alden suede chukkas to replace my years old sand suede clarks db ...
    [​IMG]

whats the best color with jeans? snuff suede?

snuff

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    whiskey indy boots

11. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    whiskey indy boots

Those are hot! Probably my grail Indy. . .if anyone wants to sell me a pair in 11D, I would be willing to pay handsomely! Been waiting for someone to make another Whiskey boot for months. . .those things are RARE.

12. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior Member

My Alden for Orvis Aviator boots arrived today. The Orvis site said they fit true to size, so I ordered my usual size of 12. My toes are at least an inch from the end of the boot, maybe more like 1.5 inches.

I know that Alden Indys run 1/2 size too big- is it be the same for the Aviator boot even though the Orvis site deliberately says otherwise?

13. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

My Alden for Orvis Aviator boots arrived today. The Orvis site said they fit true to size, so I ordered my usual size of 12. My toes are at least an inch from the end of the boot, maybe more like 1.5 inches.

I know that Alden Indys run 1/2 size too big- is it be the same for the Aviator boot even though the Orvis site deliberately says otherwise?

Seems they're on the trubalance.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=85716

14. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

15. Islander

Islander Senior Member

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I have been looking for something similar to the Leffot Tanker seen here but without the split toe, so I guess a color 8 Indy with 360º welt, commando sole and natural/contrast edge treatment. Does such a boot exist? A second naive question: is the toe stitching the only difference between the Indy and the Tanker? TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.