• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone here pick up this oakstreet boot from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/item...il&utm_term=0_12eba29232-703806caed-222267273

natural shell boot? wonder how it looks compared to whiskey

crackup[1].gif
too soon if you are asking the people who bought the boot

It was supposed to be delivered in December I believe, then they said Jan but nobody got it yet

Also not sure if this is new stock or just reposted for Leather Soul reopening tomorrow but tan suede and crepe:

this ^^ lol

lots of rustlage over in their thread about the missed delivery dates on those shoes.. the surprising thing (to me atleast), is the lack of response from OakStreet, who typically seem fairly vocal in the thread.. (they may have responded and I missed it tho, but I imagine I would have seen multiple quote rebuttals from members)

very impatient bunch over there.. seems from a manufacturers point of view, not giving an anticipated delivery date AT ALL is the best course of action. just my .02

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very impatient bunch over there.. seems from a manufacturers point of view, not giving an anticipated delivery date AT ALL is the best course of action. just my .02

I haven't checked that thread in a while, so I don't know how impatient they are really being, but if you pay 100% on a shoe (which is what I believe Context requires) and it is one month and then two months late, with no explanation, I'd be
baldy[1].gif

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked that thread in a while, so I don't know how impatient they are really being, but if you pay 100% on a shoe (which is what I believe Context requires) and it is one month and then two months late, with no explanation, I'd be
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I agree for the most part. I paid 50% upfront to Moulded over a yr ago and still have no update on a pair of ML kudus.. I guess it comes with the territory of 'MTO' shoes.

but, as I said, the lack of updates in the thread from OakStreet is surprising. especially as I could trade PMs with George months back quite easily about some custom options. was trying to get him to knock off a viberg inside out shell and he said he couldnt do it lol

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded. I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either). I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed. I expect delivery within the next month.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded. I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either). I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed. I expect delivery within the next month.
I talked with Raphael maybe around November and he gave me the same option (to wait or switch). I decided to just wait, and will revisit it at some point down the road. Would love for them to pop in a ML shell option but we know the odds of that..

just curious.. what'd you switch to?

anrobit

Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I paid 50% upfront to Moulded over a yr ago and still have no update on a pair of ML kudus.. I guess it comes with the territory of 'MTO' shoes.

but, as I said, the lack of updates in the thread from OakStreet is surprising. especially as I could trade PMs with George months back quite easily about some custom options. was trying to get him to knock off a viberg inside out shell and he said he couldnt do it lol
I believe OSB will deliver them within the next two months. They're aiming for the end of February.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I switched to a brown CXL WT boot (41665) on the ML. I actually have enough WT boots but I kind of liked how I imagine a WT ML boot would look. I have quite a few Nat CXL boots but nothing in brown CXL yet, so that was another impetus. CXL is a big favorite of mine, wrinkles and all. Just love the patina it develops.

Next time I'm in Paris or in Tokyo, I plan to see if my budget will allow me to splurge on a shell ML boot (if they have anything that is).

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe OSB will deliver them within the next two months. They're aiming for the end of February.

respectable, especially considering the rumors of their outsourcing that I *believe* you uncovered over on reddit.

not to take things too far offtopic in this thread, but were you one of the guys possibly going to NEOC?

anrobit

Reaction score
respectable, especially considering the rumors of their outsourcing that I *believe* you uncovered over on reddit.

not to take things too far offtopic in this thread, but were you one of the guys possibly going to NEOC?
I'll send you a PM. No need to get the Alden thread off track too.

thams

Reaction score

I switched to a brown CXL WT boot  (41665) on the ML.  I actually have enough WT boots but I kind of liked how I imagine a WT ML boot would look.  I have quite a few Nat CXL boots but nothing in brown CXL yet, so that was another impetus.  CXL is a big favorite of mine, wrinkles and all.  Just love the patina it develops. 

Next time I'm in Paris or in Tokyo, I plan to see if my budget will allow me to splurge on a shell ML boot (if they have anything that is).

Any good sources of Alden shell in Paris? Headed there in a month so I want to poke around. I know about Anatomica, but are there others? Fingers crossed I'll hit up some cigar boots on the modified last...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads