• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score
and i wouldnt be able to take. i need me some seasons. even if it just just 2 like most of california

That's 1 of the things I'm going to miss most about moving from here to Houston - the seasons. We get all 4 seasons here. They've never even seen colored leaves in Houston before. The other thing I'm going to miss is the scenery. VA is much prettier than TX.

topisdown

Reaction score
Only recent acquisition is Scotch Grain Shell Longwings by Rider. I wasn't going to post them here, but since you asked. I am mainly on lists for stuff at this point.

Those Rider LWB are pretty amazing! The almost look like vintage Hanovers. Are these from eBay?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

screw it, we're adding content imo, be it alden or not.

I have two pair of oakstreet mocs, peanut suede and blue suede on red brick. construction and fitment are spot on.

for boats, I went with newenglandouterwear. two pair there, only used one pair heavily last year and super happy. a custom leather pair (bulldog maybe) didnt arrive until after summer, so they wont see use for a couple more months it seems.

did anyone here pick up this oakstreet boot from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/item...il&utm_term=0_12eba29232-703806caed-222267273

natural shell boot? wonder how it looks compared to whiskey

Vicious49

Reaction score
Those Rider LWB are pretty amazing! The almost look like vintage Hanovers. Are these from eBay?
I have a set of Ron Rider chukkas that are really nice but feel like they are a quarter to half size too big for me. His shoes are top quality but for not as easy to sell as Aldens when it comes to resale. I can't keep both them and the Ravello chukkas so something is going to have to go.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did anyone here pick up this oakstreet boot from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/item...il&utm_term=0_12eba29232-703806caed-222267273

:crackup: too soon if you are asking the people who bought the boot

It was supposed to be delivered in December I believe, then they said Jan but nobody got it yet

Also not sure if this is new stock or just reposted for Leather Soul reopening tomorrow but tan suede and crepe:

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

NAMOR,

Not the best picture for comparison, but Ashland has made a Natural and Whiskey Shell Wallet before. Here you can see them in the same picture. Whiskey has a little more vibrancy to it.

http://www.ashlandleather.com/johnny-the-fox-horween-shell-cordovan-wallet-p/jtfshell.htm

-Mike

totalair1

Reaction score
That's 1 of the things I'm going to miss most about moving from here to Houston - the seasons. We get all 4 seasons here. They've never even seen colored leaves in Houston before. The other thing I'm going to miss is the scenery. VA is much prettier than TX.
Move to Dallas...we have all 4 seasons in the same week! Today freezing rain, by the weekend low 70's.

Virginia is beautiful!

See Ya,
Steve

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NAMOR,

Not the best picture for comparison, but Ashland has made a Natural and Whiskey Shell Wallet before. Here you can see them in the same picture. Whiskey has a little more vibrancy to it.

http://www.ashlandleather.com/johnny-the-fox-horween-shell-cordovan-wallet-p/jtfshell.htm

-Mike

thanks mike. and congrats on dem rider whiskey longwings. were those made in italy? i have a pair and the quality is superb ime. not as great as alden of course, because alden is the best in the world, but its close :colgate:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome LW collection.  Me personally, I would never buy a Cadillac.  The Porsche 911 maybe my favorite car.  However, my knees and ankles need pedal support. :)

Top gear uk claims the Cadillac svt wagon beat the Porsche panamera on a few track speed tests.
From that I conclude:
Nothing, always take the Porsche if you can afford it. Same with aldens.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top gear uk claims the Cadillac svt wagon beat the Porsche panamera on a few track speed tests.
From that I conclude:
Nothing, always take the Porsche if you can afford it. Same with aldens.
That is the correct answer.
I sold my 911, and after I am done playing with the current beast, I will be getting another. Period.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the following pic on JCrew's IG?
They show what looks like an Alden Tanker in Color 8. (Fairly dark, though hard to tell)
I don't see it online, so maybe it is coming soon?
Sure looks like it. Looks to me like trubalance last with crepe sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics