• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mdubs, great looking penny loafers sir. Mine are back in the box waiting for the snow to go away. Nice socks?

SouthNarc

Reaction score

My new Mitch Rosen holster. Almost a perfect color 8 match to my new AoNY WT Boots. While i am sure it is cow hide, this holster 's finish is very shell like. By that I mean it has the shine and feel of Alden shell.

I have an original Rosen ARG that is over 20 years old that's still going strong. Is that a Solo you're running?

coinopcollector

Reaction score
I have an original Rosen ARG that is over 20 years old that's still going strong. Is that a Solo you're running?[/quote]
Yep, Solo CDP 9 mm.

Reaction score
So a few weeks back I had posted about my decision between 2 pairs of PTBs (Unionmade Officer Shoe vs Epaulet Tyrol)...

I ended up getting the Officer shoe (which I love) but knew right away I had to have the Tyrol as well..

My first pair of Alden's were on the Berrie and at the time, assuming I was a 10 on the braddock I went with a 9.5. I would not say the shoe was too big but just a little roomy in the toe area so when it came time to pick a size in the Leydon last (Officer Shoe) I chanced it on the 9.5 and have had no regrets.

So now I am faced with another Berrie PTB purchase and am struggling between another 9.5 that will be a touch roomy in the toe or sizing down to a 9 which should either be just like my 9.5 Leydon (perfection) or….to small..

any input would be greatly appreciated.

and pic just bc :)

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
^^^Personally I would go with the larger size. I like the ability to wear a thick sock...even where I live in Florida.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Been a SF member for ages but have been MIA for a while. Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what sizing in need in a Barrie Last for Alden.

I presently where McNairy in a size 9us and in a Vans Era in 10.5. I know I really should go get measured but was wondering if anyone knew what sizing I should be shooting for going off these two shoe brands.

I was thinking 9.5us in a Barrie but I am starting to second guess myself and think i need a size 10.

If anyone can please shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubful. I wear 10 US in McNairy and I'm 9.5D Barrie. You're probably 8.5D in Barrie. The Barrie is .5 larger than TTS. McNairy is TTS.

jcarter78

Reaction score
I had a question about the fit on the alden cap toe boot before I ordered it. I wear a sz 10d pair of alden Indy 403s on the tru balance last. Which I ordered half a size smaller,They fit perfectly. I know the captoe is on a different last. Would you guys recommend ordering a 10.5d in the cap toe?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love the new captoe Frans Boone has! #8 on Grant but with brass eyelets, very cool

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the new captoe Frans Boone has! #8 on Grant but with brass eyelets, very cool
Yeah I agree, the brass adds a nice touch with just that minor tweak. Looks like they re-loaded some stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads