1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

King 2210's today

[​IMG]

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Very nice. Indeed, better than most exotic models seen on here, IMO. :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  3. sevenfoldtieguy

Those are nice. :nodding:

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I own the Alden unlined chukka, AE Amok and AE Mojave. The Amok is actually the closest representation of the Alden, the Mojave looks completely different in person - it's much blobbier. The Amok and Alden are actually quite sleek in comparison, and both have a single flexible sole in contrast to the Mojave's heavy crepe.

You'll also probably find that the stitching on a lot of desert-type chukka boots are similar, possibly due to the way the eyestays and quarters are reinforced with leather and stitched, adding structure to the shoe.

I did see an unlined cappuccino shell Mojave on eBay a while back which looked fantastic. Was a size too small for me unfortunately.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Very good idea

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Yes, [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] (JK)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  7. ReppTiePrepster

8. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I think you have your panties firmly wound up in a bunch. Nowhere did I mention YOU making a mountain out of a molehill, so get over yourself. My response was a matter of opinion, surrounding the negative responses with J Crew's Indy boot. So they're stealing the Indy boot design now, is that it? No one is allowed to make boots with moc toe stitching? If you don't like it don't buy it. Pretty simple.

9. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

First post/long time lurker, and sort of a noob question... I'm planning on getting a pair of indy's and most likely a color 8 LWB next month for my first Aldens, but I did want to ask if anyone knew of a place that was doing a pre-order of anything similar to the leffot #8 tanker people have been posting, but maybe in cigar or ravello.. Given the long wait time for specialty shells, I'd like to get on a list of some kind that way my wallet can have some time to recover after my first two purchases haha. Thanks in advance.

10. ReppTiePrepster

Classic DonL! What is your barrie, van, and aberdeen size (in the 2210), if you don't mind me asking? I am 10D barrie and was fitted for this NST in 10E.

1 person likes this.
  11. Don L

Don L Senior member

I am 9.5D Barrie but go up to 10D in Aberdeen. I never tried an E width but don't feel the width is the issue for me. For the sleeker lasts (Plaza, Grant, Aberdeen) I need a bit more toe room so a D width in .5 size up works for me.

12. ReppTiePrepster

Sign me up when you find that pre-order! [​IMG]

[Not sure there is a tanker in cigar or ravello anytime in the near future.]

13. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Not sure about the pre-orders, but if you are looking to save a few bucks, there's a knock-off Indy out there for you! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to the club, friend.

14. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

Even better....Maybe Alden is making them!

That rumor of Alden and China was floated sometime ago. Alden is not entirely US made hooks and laces are imports

It's a starter boot just training wheels

15. ReppTiePrepster

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. ReppTiePrepster

Yup, it's called AE... [​IMG]

JK! Don't get all bent out of shape... [​IMG]

17. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

"This version is modeled after an old-fashioned workboot, but updated with an EVA (aka, high-tech foam) sole, American-made welts and a soft suede body."

Maybe Alden made the welts.... Wait, the boot is made in China but they want to brag about American made welts?

18. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Haha thank you. I did see that J crew make up, no thanks. I always prefer the original compared to any degree of homage. :)

19. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Looks like you'll fit in juuuust fine.

20. sevenfoldtieguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.