1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

[​IMG]

I would like to raid that closet

Thanks for assist the other day Moosic

2. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Just arrived from Moulded Shoe:

[​IMG]

Interestingly, they say they were made for "Conformal Shoe Store", which I guess is what Moulded Shoe used to be named. Does anyone happen to know when the name changed?

1 person likes this.
  3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Verry nice!!! Do they fit the same as Trubalance calf boots?

4. RobinM

RobinM Senior member

5. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Penny loafer - G.H. Bass 1936: http://stylishlyme.com/stylish-academia/loafers-history-facts-and-style/ And Spalding invented saddle shoes in 1906: http://www.keikari.com/english/a-history-of-saddle-shoes/ This one discusses the origins of all types of loafers, including the Alden tassel version: http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/loafer-guide-penny-gucci-tassels-weejuns/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  6. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I'm thinking of picking up a snuff suede chukka for this fall. Is there a particular version that you guys recommend? This J Crew makeup looks interesting - lined, plantation sole, flex toe, and Barrie last. I also see some versions that are unlined and some that are on the Leydon last, but I don't own any Aldens on the Leydon so I have no clue if I would prefer that last for the Chukka. Advice?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~90868/90868.jsp

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Not sure. The store uses both listings on line (phone# and address).
    http://www.mouldedshoe.com/
    http://www.whitepages.com/business/conformal-shoes-new-york-ny
    When you go to the white pages and click on the store's website, it brings you to Moulded Shoe's website.

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Yes and alden does not recraft with those heels. The seller does not know much about alden and has no idea about the "eBay alden police" (us).

10. REguy

REguy Senior member

I think it depends on what purpose you plan to wear them for. The crepe will give you more support and weather-proofness whereas you'll feel the pavement with the standard Leydon version. I wear 1/2 size up from my Barrie size (same width) in the Leydon, but many others stay with their Barrie size and go up a width. That's the only way Leffot stocks them, but the heel gets too wide for me if I change widths.

11. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Deleted post.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  12. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

If you are not set on Alden, take a look at Church Sahara. Can be had for $209 shipped (FedEx overnight) from StuartLondon. Last night they still had most sizes in stock.

13. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Looking good. I wore my crepes in slush and ice with no problems.

14. halfnhalfnhalf

Thanks! I don't have any Alden calf, but I can report that these fit the same as my Trubalance CXL Indys.

15. halfnhalfnhalf

Yeah, the names do seem kind of interchangeable online. I was mainly wondering because when I saw the label, it occurred to me that these might have been on the shelf for quite some time.

16. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Being in Los Angeles, I hope never to encounter slush & ice (unless its the shaved kind), but my last pair of crepes had the front leather piece fail after a few encounters with rain. Hopefully these will hold up better. I won't give them up though, the Navy CXL, glove lining, and crepe sole make this one of the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned.

17. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

This is helpful. I plan to wear these with jeans in a more casual setting and outdoors a good. I'm leaning towards the J Crew version based on that purpose. I like the plantation idea and the lined version for cooler weather.

Nice, I appreciate it. I'll definitely take a look at those!

18. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

Those look amazing, i need a pair just like em. :nodding:

19. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

And here's what mine look like after a year of 1-2x week wear, only brushing, and a one time edge dressing application... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    king wt boot
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.