• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sorry but no.
. I appreciate. Have to figure out if I can justify the $ for a loafer. A boot or shoe is easier for me to swallow.

My cigar LHS is my most worn single shoe since I got it. You'll get a lot of wear out of any LHS.

Last edited:

Winterbourne

Reaction score
First day breaking in my 403s. They'll be perfect for Fall/Winter boots.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On subject of LHS, if I can score one in an exotic color i like and in my size -- even if I don't know yet that I really love the LHS (though I like it) for use in my wardrobe -- should I buy first, make up my mind later? I'm torn. I can probably flip (for cost) right?

I know this sounds a bit obnoxious. Thanks.

I bought a cigar lhs in a rare 10E that was pretty much a perfect fit and let it sit about 6 months before deciding to sell. Just couldn't see myself wearing loafers yet.

Also the RL Marlow pennys are really nice though I returned due to it being too narrow

TactileOne

Reaction score
Guess it's living in the south, but I get a lot of wear out of my loafers. Should there be anyone with ravellos or cigar LHS in a 10.5d that wants to part with them give me a holler.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Sizing for any slip-on shoe can be somewhat difficult because there is no room for error (no pun intended). I have discovered that I have incorrectly sized myself. I comfortably fit a 10D in barrie but in some models (i.e. my calf LWBs) I probably should've gone to 9.5E. Thus, when I ordered a 10C in the LHS, I had significant heel slip. I went with 9.5D for the LHS and it works fairly well.

In the end, trying multiple sizes for slip-ons is ideal.

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though my 9016 from yesterday got no love, I will not be discouraged.
Nothin' but love for you here my friend. I have placed the black shell PCT bals on my Alden que behind an NST. It may be a while though. Keep posting your pics!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day breaking in my 403s. They'll be perfect for Fall/Winter boots.

Great looking boots my friend, but I am sweating just looking at them! I have a new pair of 403's I will break in when the temps drop below 60' Wear often and in great health...

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How difficult could it be for alden to make these in blue shell?
Would blue shell require special shells like whiskey and ravello do?
Other companies seem to manage blue shell in small quantities.
I'll take these in blue shell and another pair in green shell while you're at it.

Same, but Nate Humble said no way when I asked him about it

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Question about the Van last. I am an 8D in Barrie and 8.5D in Grant. The 8D Barrie still has some room, but not loose. Could I size down to a 7.5D in the van last for some LHS loafers? I'd definitely be wearing thin or possible no socks. What do you guys think?
My experience would suggest you won't be able to successfully size down to 7.5D. I wear 7E in Barrie and 7.5 E in true-to-size Alden lasts. When picking up Van lasted shoes, I was advised to go with my Barrie size. When I did, the shoes were impossibly short. True-to-size in Van yielded a great fit.

In other words, for Van-lasted shoes, you may have to go up, not down, one-half size from your Barrie size.

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I know this question has been asked before but I'll try again. Where can I find a good shell belt in color 8 to wear with my #8 captoe boots? I've had BB shell belt but returned it some time ago.

thanks
Try Alden DC as well.

Sandwich

Reaction score

some Alden pics from the past couple of years

Good lord! What a collection. Of your those boots which ones do you end up reaching for the most?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads