• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutrino

Reaction score
The first thing that jumped at me was "Ремонт обуви" (it's in my mother-tongue
happy.gif
), and I thought "wtf". Then I read that it's Brighton Beach, and thought "oh, yeah..."

Speaking of the one pair of Aldens to have, my single pair right now is natural LWB from Epaulet:

Although I'm not sure this will be the last one...
confused.gif

neutrino

Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure I like it with the blues.. could use some opinions.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ wow that's a beautiful shoe, esp w/ the french blue, the muted tone really pops!

Actually I'm not sure I like it with the blues.. could use some opinions.

I like it with the blue too. Natural CXL is a very blah/dull material. It needs something like those pants to compliment it...imo

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll stop in and say hello next week!
BTW, not Russian, but I could easily move to BB. What a great place, great food, and so lively. Plus, they have a place that sells MAN SHOES. Its beautiful, like Russian women!

I go to BB pretty regularly because my gf is Russian and it's a nice little "vacation" from the city (it's over 1 hour commute on the train). The best is checking out the shops, walking down the boardwalk, then hitting up banya. Haven't really scoped out the shoe selection but when I was flying through Sheremety'evo (Moscow) a couple of days ago, the terminal is basically a shopping mall; however, there were no Alden. :)

sfactor23

Reaction score
I'll stop in and say hello next week!
BTW, not Russian, but I could easily move to BB. What a great place, great food, and so lively. Plus, they have a place that sells MAN SHOES. Its beautiful, like Russian women!

+1
love Brighton Beach -

for anybody who doesn't live in NY, but is coming to visit and wants a memorable experience, I strongly urge a visit to Brighton Beach and, in particular, a night out at one of the Russian clubs - if your idea of a good time is never ending food, vodka/beer, dancing, and being surrounded by hot Russian girls all dressed up like it's their last night out forever - and the party literally goes all night long - then this is something you need to do -

@NYR - it's beginning to look like there is a migration beginning from Brighton to the south shore of SI :) no real club/party scene yet, but a few stores and restaurants - go to the Costco on Richmond Avenue on a Saturday afternoon, and all you hear is Russian being spoken - I'm beginning to think I need to learn how to speak Russian :)

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sw376t.jpg

#8 LHS
sans socks
14bj04g.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics