• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Color 8 LWB with electric blue laces. Yes, I have 22's on my Range Rover as well...

Kashiwa

Reaction score

maybe one's vanilla milkshake and the other is chocolate milkshake...

Undoubtedly whoever applied these terms was thinking along those lines. But does anyone know the actual name for the "chocolate" milkshake variety?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Undoubtedly whoever applied these terms was thinking along those lines. But does anyone know the actual name for the "chocolate" milkshake variety?

It looks like tan or snuff suede. If those are from the seconds list the colors are sometimes wrong or best guesses. Part of the charm of the seconds list. :slayer:

Today, White (HOT) Suede saddle shoes on red brick sole:

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe2.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe3.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe4.jpg

plato

Reaction score
Could you share your experiences and use history of defender? I have some but am never really sure when in the process to use. Often, I put some on if the forecast calls for any possibility of rain. However, it seems to dull the shine on my Ravello LWBs. Do you brush after applying? Buff?

When I used leather defender on my alden shell these were the steps:

Wipe shoes with a damp cloth to remove dirt...wait a few min for drying
Apply tiny amount of Saphir Reno with a cloth all over the shoe... let dry for a few min
Apply small amount of Leather defender by spraying it onto a cloth and rubbing it on the shoe
Then brush each shoe for 5-10 min
finish each shoe right after brushing with a wipe with a soft, clean flannel cloth

Obviously some of the results I saw from the process are attributable to the Reno, but I think the water resistance was from the treatment with the leather defender. Hope that helps.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kashiwa

Reaction score

It looks like tan or snuff suede. If those are from the seconds list the colors are sometimes wrong or best guesses. Part of the charm of the seconds list. :slayer:
]

They're from the Bureau, and they're described as milkshake suede. I'm sure its not snuff, since they list snuff as snuff. I guess it could be tan or sand.

They also list these as milkshake, but they look like tan.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're from the Bureau, and they're described as milkshake suede. I'm sure its not snuff, since they list snuff as snuff. I guess it could be tan or sand.
They also list these as milkshake, but they look like tan.

I heard there is a shortage of rare suede colors. The new shipment of milkshake looks a little more tan than usual. :happy:

Dbc0919

Reaction score
Could you share your experiences and use history of defender? I have some but am never really sure when in the process to use. Often, I put some on if the forecast calls for any possibility of rain. However, it seems to dull the shine on my Ravello LWBs. Do you brush after applying? Buff?

When I used leather defender on my alden shell these were the steps:

Wipe shoes with a damp cloth to remove dirt...wait a few min for drying
Apply tiny amount of Saphir Reno with a cloth all over the shoe... let dry for a few min
Apply small amount of Leather defender by spraying it onto a cloth and rubbing it on the shoe
Then brush each shoe for 5-10 min
finish each shoe right after brushing with a wipe with a soft, clean flannel cloth

Obviously some of the results I saw from the process are attributable to the Reno, but I think the water resistance was from the treatment with the leather defender. Hope that helps.

Very helpful. Thanks so much.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2dgolj5.jpg

#8 nst
argyles otc
idt2cg.jpg

Last edited:

kippy

Reaction score

Mostly hype. It's not bad stuff but I don't feel it's the best, esp. for the price. 

I have tried both Reno and Venetian and I have stuck with Reno. The primary differences for me are:
1. Price - Reno is more expensive. Not a plus but these are $700 shoes we are dealing with here. I don't care much about a small difference in price and don't need a lifetime supply of shoe treatment sitting in my drawer. A tiny little bottle of Reno consumes little space and the ritual of using it feels more luxurious to me than opening my giant tin of Venetian.
2. Smell - Venetian smells too much like a chemical for me. I have grown to like the smell of Reno.
3. Applicability - I can dab tiny amounts of Reno on my shoe since the creme is more consistent
4. Shine vs. Luster - I found that the Reno brought out the luster in the cordovan more so than Venetian which made the shoes appears a bit too shiny.

Some of these differences are highly subjective, but I would hesitate to describe Reno as "hype". It's a wonderful product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads