• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seer

Reaction score
New boot: I just got my Alden suede boots from J Crew with the crepe sole - and every time I walk there is a pretty loud "pop" in the left boot. My cobbler thinks it is a defect and doesn't think it will go away in time. Any thoughts? Thanks...

chantheman

Reaction score

Has anyone noticed that The Shoe Mart is listing some makeups in #4 cordovan? They say they have to be shipped from the factory, but I don't think I've ever noticed these.
Not that I would benefit. They start at a hulking 8.5. Can't figure out who wears such gargantuan shoes . . .

i called ShoeMart today
the captoe has the 2 rows of stitching and should be in the next 4-5 weeks (they have a size 9D if anyone is interested)

the wingtip boot is 5-6 months out and they are accepting pre-orders for it.

shaunw

Reaction score
i called ShoeMart today
the captoe has the 2 rows of stitching and should be in the next 4-5 weeks (they have a size 9D if anyone is interested)
the wingtip boot is 5-6 months out and they are accepting pre-orders for it.

where are you guys seeing this stuff online? I don't see any #4 on their website

kippy

Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do I treat scratches like this on a the toe of my boot? I'm guessing it's from a barstool or something. I hit it with a horsehair brush for a bit and it's still visible. I plan on beating these up pretty bad, but would like to treat the scratches as they appear.

0c0cda76.jpg

chantheman

Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
does this mean saturation point is reached yet ???

xr4ti

Reaction score

Do you know if the captoe will be on the Barrie or Hampton lasts? There is no description on the website.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...d_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

So I'm reading the thread everything is going fine, click on the link to see the boot and no picture. Oh well might as well see what else they have while I'm here..... Bought the damn Ravello 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot. My wife is going to be pissed! Seriously have to stop checking these threads :D

Last edited:

kippy

Reaction score

So I'm reading the thread everything is going fine, click on the link to see the boot and no picture. Oh well might as well see what else they have while I'm here..... Bought the damn Ravello 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot. My wife is going to be pissed! Seriously have to stop checking these threads :D

Congrats - that is a beautiful boot, one of their best makeups in my humble opinion. Up there with the Cigar LWB and Whisky PTBs. It has been previously discussed but one strategy is to keep them locked away at work till the right moment comes along with the significant other. I like to wait till she comes home with a few Nordstrom bags in her hands and then BAM, "honey, I just got a pair of Alden's on sale". Then you bring the boots from work and all is well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads