• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my new Cigar boots last night, got a whole bunch of compliments. Awesome. Wearing my Leffot Indy boots on commando soles today. After wearing the stiffer cordovan all day yesterday, the softer more broken in brown cowhide feels a lot more appropriate for Sunday...

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I know it's been talked about, but, is there consensus for the best place to get replacement boot laces?

If you want the exact same 56" flat waxed laces that came with your shell or special makeup boots, you can order them (by phone) from the Madison Ave store. $6 per pair I believe, and they will ship.

Last edited:

advan031

Reaction score

My favorite boots by a wide margin...grant it I only have 2 Alden boots...lol

Last edited:

cold war painter

Reaction score

Help with grant sizing pls:) will 10 in grant be too narrow?

When I ordered the Day Trippers from Leffot their suggestion was "In general the Grant last sizing is the same as the Barrie and TruBalance."

Of course they have yet to arrive so I may be stuffed.

seer

Reaction score
I realize that I often advocate for no polish on leathers with a lot of character, but rarely post the results (at least not in this thread). To that end, here are a few pictures of my stock 403s that I gave my usual treatment to recently. Real life color is slightly more burgundy -- only a phone camera with indoor light for these pics. Click to enlarge:

Shined 403s. Dirty carpet not included with method.

Another member had asked for darkened pictures of the Indy toe to see how stitching evolved. Keep in mind, neither wax nor cream polish have ever been used on these 403s. Indys that have had regular coats of polish have darker stitching still. But they would not have the natural, almost mottled coloration you can begin to see in the toe. (In reality, this antique look is present elsewhere around the boot as well, but it's very difficult to show with just a phone camera.)

Stock laces recently replaced with Alden's standard flat waxed boot laces, courtesy of the Madison Ave store.

This picture came out terribly, but after a long day of wear, my Ravello Brixtons also needed some no-polish polishing. The Ravello Brixtons have also been treated with no polish, only conditioners. The side of the boot, which is a solid piece of Ravello shell cordovan, is beginning after a year to show signs of its equine origins. Again, very difficult to capture with a phone camera, but the sides are beginning to reveal the animal's natural mottled coloration and grain variation -- all the while staying perfectly moisturized and shined, of course.

(Don't worry Mac, the Ravello was much more shined even when I took the pic. The lighting on the Ravello was bad.)

I'm sure if I hadn't been tired and had brushed longer, as I usually to, they would look even better.

The Indy boot looks great - the stitching does not look at all bad, very understated. What make of dressing do you use on these? Thanks...

Pastor

Reaction score

I just went through the same with my whiskey LWBs. Sold em to buy the Carmina's I got yesterday at Epaulet. Anything in particular you're looking to get?

I'm looking at the Double Monk Strap Shell Carmina's at epaulet and possibly a pair of #8 Shell Indy boots.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm catching up on this thread and gagging. Between Gaga, and all the dope Alden's just released by Leffot and Unionmade....:slayer:

Where the hell are the Ravello Brixtons for Epaulet ???? Put my order in 345 days ago ! :fu:

izach

Reaction score
The most comfortable Alden chukka the 1492

Alden Unlined Chukka Boot
1492 Dark Brown Suede

uninkco

Reaction score
Some new additions....including the J. Crew #8 captoes I modified. operating on the iphone, sorry fellas.
photo-11.jpg

Leffot Greenwich boot in reverse chamois. Loving these right now, all the appearence of suede but just a little oilier, less delicate

Definitely interested in picking this up from Leffot... don't think my wallet can handle it at this point. Great looking boot though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads