• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGMac

Reaction score
Apparently, yes. According to Curtis at AOM and Ronnie at Moulded Shoe, the factory is currently not accepting any new orders on hand sewn make-ups as there's a huge backlog of existing orders that need to be completed. Both are hopeful that this will change in the next few months. Ronnie thinks this does not affect stock models, however. I'm sure @BAK can chime in with more precise details though.

Sounds like it‘s time to start machine stitching shell Indy’s again!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw recently Black Shell Tankers for sale but don’t remember the retailer.. U guys have a clue? Thanks,,
Lovin these Snuff Boots from Yenni.. wickedly nice makeup ..
Chipshot in boots? What!
image.jpg

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

Here is to my Dad who passed away last night at 93. He loved this photo and recently passed on the hat to me, which had belonged to his father. He missed his wife of 64 years terribly. I will be grateful to see 2021 end. I have lost my mother, father and oldest son in the last 4 months. This **** has got to let up soon.

View attachment 1711855

Very sorry for your losses. It’s been a rough year for all.

stormboy202

Reaction score
Looking good! They paused hand sewn orders??

ColumbiaKnit is 100% sewn and fashioned in the USA.

I know for 100% certainty that ColumbiaKnit makes shirts for many companies and used to sell the Lands' End Rugby shirts from the '80s.

I wanted to branch out into more vintage type patterns and Withernot has those, but I doubt I can get made to measure like I can from Columbaknit directly.
Interesting…. Was the price of your custom ones comparable to the stock versions?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw recently Black Shell Tankers for sale but don’t remember the retailer.. U guys have a clue? Thanks,,
Lovin these Snuff Boots from Yenni.. wickedly nice makeup ..
Chipshot in boots? What! View attachment 1712715
Does @chipshot order boots a size up so he can wear loafers in them instead of socks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads