• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Saturday. Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers.

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers - 2021-05-15 - 1.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers - 2021-05-15 - 4.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers - 2021-05-15 - 6.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers - 2021-05-15 - 12.jpg

-Mike

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Boots for a trip to the park to watch some sparkling batting and fielding from my grandson and his 5 year old pals playing T Ball. Every week he shows improvement. Let's hope this week he does not run to first, and then turn around to run back to home plate.

View attachment 1610198
Nice. I just got back from my 5 year old son’s T-ball game. Amazed at the progress made from the 1st practice until this point…and also at the negative impact of a missed/cancelled practice. I think I’ve enjoyed it as an assistant coach / cat herder as much he has playing for the first time.
Funny, we were at our 5 yr old Granddaughters T-Ball game this morning. Wore another brand of boots, as had to help son do some work (installing pavers in river rock) after the game, and knew boots would get some "patina"

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is another two-birds kind of post. First, it is stunning how much difference a good cobbler can make on how you feel about your footwear. I am a huge fan of Alden's recraft service but for shells that I don't want re-dyed, I typically go to Aram. So here's the backstory. Picked up these cigars from Adam and wore them sporadically. They have some of the best color I've ever seen in cigar and after only a few wears, they we're actually mistaken for green/olive. Well, back when I was adding integrated toe taps to a lot of my shoes, I was starting to get a little cocky with my work and on these, was moving a bit too fast. Suffice it to say, I butchered the sole up pretty bad. I mean really bad. It's the bottom of the shoe so the only living creatures who would have noticed we're ants and SF members but it still bothered me enough that I stopped wearing them and was thinking of selling. Ultimately sent them to Aram and man am I glad I did. He swapped out the leather for flex and added (the right way) integrated toe taps. I'm not much of a sole guy but man, these look great.......

20210515_CigarsFromAram3.jpg

Here's a side shot so you can see how nice he did the edges.....

20210515_CigarsFromAram2.jpg

And finally, both a solo and family shot. While I've dipped my toes into some other ponds recently, I'm still a blue-blooded Alden guy.......

20210515_CigarsFromAram1.jpg

20210515_CigarFamilyShot.jpg

Hope you guys are having a great weekend. Really cool to hear about grandkids and t-ball. Mine are a bit old for t-ball (11 and 13) but I haven't seen them in over a year and I finally have reservations to Tampa in 2 weeks. There's a couple of Floridians who are about the get the crap spoiled out of them for 5 solid days!

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is another two-birds kind of post. First, it is stunning how much difference a good cobbler can make on how you feel about your footwear. I am a huge fan of Alden's recraft service but for shells that I don't want re-dyed, I typically go to Aram. So here's the backstory. Picked up these cigars from Adam and wore them sporadically. They have some of the best color I've ever seen in cigar and after only a few wears, they we're actually mistaken for green/olive. Well, back when I was adding integrated toe taps to a lot of my shoes, I was starting to get a little cocky with my work and on these, was moving a bit too fast. Suffice it to say, I butchered the sole up pretty bad. I mean really bad. It's the bottom of the shoe so the only living creatures who would have noticed we're ants and SF members but it still bothered my enough that I stopped wearing them and was thinking of selling. Ultimately sent them to Aram and man am I glad I did. He swapped out the leather for flex and added (the right way) integrated toe taps. I'm not much of a sole guy but man, these look great.......

View attachment 1610308

Here's a side shot so you can see how nice he did the edges.....

View attachment 1610310

And finally, both a solo and family shot. While I've dipped my toes into some other ponds recently, I'm still a blue-blooded Alden guy.......

View attachment 1610312

View attachment 1610313

Hope you guys are having a great weekend. Really cool to hear about grandkids and t-ball. Mine are a bit old for t-ball (11 and 13) but I haven't seen them in over a year and I finally have reservations to Tampa in 2 weeks. There's a couple of Floridians who are about the get the crap spoiled out of them for 5 solid days!
WOW, those look beautiful! The collection looks beautiful as well! T-ball is somewhat of an event, where outside of the coaches and parents/grandparents, only 1 or 2 of the kids have any idea of what to do. But it sure is fun to watch them run around and they all seem to enjoy it. Plus, outdoors, so NO MASKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads