• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Hi @audog if it's not too much trouble can you post some pics of your namesake boots from Ealdwine?

Curious to see how they wear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi @audog if it's not too much trouble can you post some pics of your namesake boots from Ealdwine?

Curious to see how they wear.
As requested, 12th wear today

Attachments

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
As requested, 12th wear today
Would you consider this as a lightweight and flexible sole? I am planning to resole an Indy as a spring summer boot for casual office wear and want to get rid of heft and bulk. I am also leaning towards single waterloc sole but would like to hear what others prefer as a lighter boot sole. I don’t want either crepe or cavity wedge for aesthetic reasons.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you consider this as a lightweight and flexible sole? I am planning to resole an Indy as a spring summer boot for casual office wear and want to get rid of heft and bulk. I am also leaning towards single waterloc sole but would like to hear what others prefer as a lighter boot sole. I don’t want either crepe or cavity wedge for aesthetic reasons.
I think if you end up wearing them a lot you’re going to burn through the single flex sole pretty fast. But if only occasionally and predominately on carpet, then it might be a good choice for casual office wear. Not sure how it would look without a flat welt.

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
I think if you end up wearing them a lot you’re going to burn through the single flex sole pretty fast. But if only occasionally and predominately on carpet, then it might be a good choice for casual office wear. Not sure how it would look without a flat welt.
I’m one of the suburban plebs so not frequent wear. 😆
. He swapped out the leather for flex and added (the right way) integrated toe taps..
Looks great. Is this double oak leather sole?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some of the best shade of 8 you will ever see. Always love it when you post these.
Thanks Shawn.. this is the only last I go TTS and one down Width to eliminate slipping.. I got lucky before BB started eliminating the line. Upgraded Shell Tassels at the same time. Then C was gone only D, then the whole line was gone, foxing and all.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.