• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Off with Mrs. smfdoc to get some lunch (indoors, how fancy) and boots are the order of the day. Too bad they did not stick brass on these Ravellos.

IMG_0070.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Brown CXL kind of Monday here View attachment 1565118
View attachment 1565245

Old School Ravello NST

Happy Monday!
Might as well take care of boots, not much else to do this evening View attachment 1565364
Tanker Tuesday, waiting for oil change View attachment 1565669
All of my favorite things. Color 8, brass and 379x.
View attachment 1565754
Love these boots, and can't believe they are on "Last Call" section of Ealdwine, must not be making them any more. View attachment 1565783
Right back at ya with Cigar LHSes
View attachment 1565876
My first pair of shoes in shell, purchased 2nd hand. I can see how people get addicted to this. Also, my first experience with Barrie last. They're 1/2 size down from Brannock and the length seems good, but toe box is definitely snug.

View attachment 1565985
First arrival of 2021 has finally landed after a two week adventure to who knows where. The snuff 6 eyelet v-tip boot from Brogue. My first foray into v-tips and am really digging these.

View attachment 1566121
Wingtip Wednesday, and in the dark this morning, I really thought I had the laces flat :) View attachment 1566489
No wingtips today. Whiskey on a Wednesday.

View attachment 1566504
Ravello for wingtip Wednesday
View attachment 1566514
Snuff Indy boots on red micro sole. Lightest Alden boot I own

View attachment 1566567
Today’s Natty BB Tassel loafers w/ 501’s, collared starched shirt, wide wale navy blazer RL. For a casual date lunch with my wife out on lovely Saguaro Lake. I am personally very comfortable in these shoes with jeans. View attachment 1566855
Newbie poster here, so I don't have a "one that got away" story yet for Alden's....but did just get my hands on these Tobacco Reverse Chamois Indy's from Alden SF. Beauties..

View attachment 1566893
Even though it's Wingtip Wednesday, had a chance to finally take these Alden Madison Color 8 Shell Jumper Boots out for their maiden voyage! I usually swap out the flat laces for round boot laces, but figured these needed to enjoy the late afternoon sun. First boot on commando sole and I'm a fan!
View attachment 1566900
Time to trudge around the property with an arborist. The remaining snow calls for the AT sole.

View attachment 1567024
Hi guys can I come hang out in your thread with my f2s or is it formula one only here?

View attachment 1567025
Happy V-tip Thursday everyone View attachment 1567041
a rare day at the office means the first outting for my new AOC-119 color 8 u-tip bluchers!

View attachment 1567043
Guys,

Another boot cleaning as these (like many) have not got much action lately and the bloom was starting to overwhelm. These are strange as I am generally not a big fan of storm-welt Plaza or non-commando antique on shell. These both had both and I grabbed them anyway. It was a few years ago from Adam at AoC and it was when cigar was tough to get. After darkening the edges, over time, they have become one of my favorites. Here's a shot after a brief cleaning...... View attachment 1567066

It's also strange that I was not a fan of cigar when I first got into Aldens. Now, one of my favs. Here's a family shot.......

View attachment 1567068

I'm not much of a camera person so I want to say that these look much better in person than the pic's indicate.
You know what? Those dark edges really work. I might have to do the same.
View attachment 1567072
I actually get to leave the house today to meet with a customer for lunch. Adam's perfect AF53A gets the nod.

View attachment 1567077 View attachment 1567078
Breaking in a new pair of iron hearts with some old school Ravello. Have a good one gentlemen

View attachment 1567086
Ravello for throwback Thursday
View attachment 1567102
The firsts pair that comes to mind that were missed out by me are Mack's Fresco boot, though curiously they never did run a pair in my size. I've inquired a couple times about another run but no dice so far.
View attachment 1567097

A more recent pair that I snoozed on a bit too long was Adam's AoC-99. While I do wish I hadn't waited on these cool natty CXL saddles, I am looking forward to Madison's Lux pre order version that's in the works right now.
View attachment 1567101

Today, however, I busted out an Alden that I DIDN'T sleep on - the mini tanker from Madison. Good stuff!
View attachment 1567099

Cheers fellow shoe junkies!
Sometimes, black suede boots are what is in order View attachment 1567293
Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

View attachment 1567639 View attachment 1567640 View attachment 1567641 View attachment 1567642 View attachment 1567643
Just plain old pumpkin 405s ... the best Indys ever (in my short time knowing of and about Alden!)
View attachment 1567698 View attachment 1567699 View attachment 1567700 View attachment 1567701
I have a similar experience as you do. Leffot did a run of the Greenwich boot in hunting green reverse chamois, they sold out and I found a pair in my size on eBay. I thought about it too long and they were sold.
View attachment 1567756
Cigar loafers on the Leydon last just arrived at my mother-in-law’s, who sent me this picture. Will not be able to try them on in a while since I won’t be back in the US until Christmas because of the pandemic. So patience really is a virtue, I guess.
I’m like a size 9.25D or so on the Brannock and went with size 9D. Will be interesting to see if they fit once I get the opportunity to try them on. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1567766
I'll just put these here so you don't have to go back too far View attachment 1567835
Happy Friday forum pals. Hunting green suede LWBs for some work from home today. I'm surprised that the color is no longer available and has actually fallen in to the "one that got away" category.

View attachment 1567850
Another day, another (or two) Alden special makeup(s) that caught my eye...

Alden x Ealdwine D0603C "The Sanford" Handsewn U Tip Shoe Loden Suede
Alden x Brogue Brown Scotch Grain V-Tip Blucher

View attachment 1567875 View attachment 1567877
Plaza last Friday? I had these listed on the B/S/T thread a while back, but no one seemed interested, so back into rotation they have gone :) View attachment 1567923
Long wings keeping my big feet warm today
View attachment 1567947
Haven't worn these J. Crew PCTs in a year, so an early a.m. vet appointment is as good an excuse as any!

yU79oUw.jpg

6rkFtgr.jpg

tAFEEw8.jpg

I hope everyone has a great weekend, as always!
First trip outside after being restored.
View attachment 1567969
Spring is here again! Belltown Indys from B+M:

View attachment 1568016
Finally got a chance to wear these Mocha Dr. Jones today
View attachment 1568053
Very nice to see the pup CMT.

Playing along with the Plaza last gang today in these beauties from Ealdwine...

View attachment 1568099
Maiden voyage of Modified last Chromexcel longwings from Moulded Shoe today. These are really, really neat. The Modified last really does have a unique -- and excellent -- fit. This pair of shoes has all kinds of neat little features, too, like the gigantic Thomas heel used on Indy boots, a 270-degree welt, and metal eyelets. I can't wait to wear these into the ground, they are really comfortable and seem like they'll be quite durable!

View attachment 1568232
Was in a mad rush this a.m. and pulled the Cigar LHS for an appointment because they are the most comfortable shoes I own ..
View attachment 1568277
Trout fishing on the White River in Arkansas. 403s in the mornings and Adam's NST saddles View attachment 1568331 View attachment 1568333 /bluchers in the afternoons. the accommodations are individual cottages with kitchens; so, I thought it would be somewhat safe. Fishing was great. Mostly sunny and 35 in the mornings and 65 in the afternoons. Mostly spin fishing in Arkansas, but some fly fishing.
Happy Friday fellas! A couple of my favorite things tonight, some Stagg bourbon and fresh ravello. Lighting in these pics don't do this shell justice. Cheers gents!
View attachment 1568350
Happy Saturday forum pals. Off with Mrs. smfdoc to get some lunch (indoors, how fancy) and boots are the order of the day. Too bad they did not stick brass on these Ravellos.

View attachment 1568515
Loden Suede, grocery store run View attachment 1568528
For another warm day here..
View attachment 1568630

Gentlemen, a truly superb showing here this week. A ton of amazing Alden makeups across the gamut. A number of beautiful Shells, calf’s, and suedes/chamois! Congratulations on the few new pickups this week and on a couple of superb maidens!

Most importantly a huge congratulations to Savvy on his wife’s pregnancy! Possibly a future Alden wearer is in the making!

-Mike

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I initially didn’t like pull tabs.. now I love how much easier it is to put on heavy boots with the tabs.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well ****. I was checking the tracking on a grail pair and noticed the retailer shipped them to California where I lived a year ago. Not sure why they would do this as they have my correct address and have even shipped me other shoes just a month ago. :brick::brick::brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads