• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to wear these Mocha Dr. Jones today
20210305_101741.jpg

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn these J. Crew PCTs in a year, so an early a.m. vet appointment is as good an excuse as any!

yU79oUw.jpg

6rkFtgr.jpg

tAFEEw8.jpg

I hope everyone has a great weekend, as always!

Good looking boots. Great looking dog.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just put these here so you don't have to go back too far View attachment 1567835
Can't wait to receive my pair! Thanks for the pic, audog!

I think tobacco reverse chamois and Loden can look similar depending on lighting, but Loden has some green tones to. Maybe Loden is actually closer to the Humus Suede than to Tobacco Reverse Chamois. Forgive my colorblindness.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't wait to receive my pair! Thanks for the pic, audog!

I think tobacco reverse chamois and Loden can look similar depending on lighting, but Loden has some green tones to. Maybe Loden is actually closer to the Humus Suede than to Tobacco Reverse Chamois. Forgive my colorblindness.
I agree with your assessment that it is closer to Humus, maybe we are color blind the same :)

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
(Un)fortunately, it was a...

IMG_2523.jpg

They have been in the closet for several months because the hate I have for Dainite soles keeps me from loving them. They are going out on Monday to be resoled including leather soles with rubber GTO sole protectors as the ultimate in all-weather urban durability for a person such as I who walks much more than he drives.

Last edited:

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of Modified last Chromexcel longwings from Moulded Shoe today. These are really, really neat. The Modified last really does have a unique -- and excellent -- fit. This pair of shoes has all kinds of neat little features, too, like the gigantic Thomas heel used on Indy boots, a 270-degree welt, and metal eyelets. I can't wait to wear these into the ground, they are really comfortable and seem like they'll be quite durable!

IMG_0570.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of Modified last Chromexcel longwings from Moulded Shoe today. These are really, really neat. The Modified last really does have a unique -- and excellent -- fit. This pair of shoes has all kinds of neat little features, too, like the gigantic Thomas heel used on Indy boots, a 270-degree welt, and metal eyelets. I can't wait to wear these into the ground, they are really comfortable and seem like they'll be quite durable!

View attachment 1568232
Did you size Modified same as Barrie/TB or different?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

View attachment 1568232

Very nice, and now for the inevitable sizing question: In terms of overall fit, how does the Modified compare to Trubalance and Barrie (and why choose it at all)?

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you size Modified same as Barrie/TB or different?

I went with same size and the fit seems to be perfect! These are a lot wider in the forefoot than my Barrie lasted shoes but the Barrie ones are just wide enough in 7 EEE, these have a little more room and are frankly more comfortable.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went with same size and the fit seems to be perfect! These are a lot wider in the forefoot than my Barrie lasted shoes but the Barrie ones are just wide enough in 7 EEE, these have a little more room and are frankly more comfortable.
I was wondering as that is what I have done, same sizing and it seems to have worked out ok for me as well.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, and now for the inevitable sizing question: In terms of overall fit, how does the Modified compare to Trubalance and Barrie (and why choose it at all)?

For how does it compare, see my preceding post. Why choose Modified at all? Moulded Shoe actually had a 7 EEE in stock, in an offbeat style of shoe. Ths pretty much never, ever happens. I've had to order almost all of my Aldens. Alden of San Francisco has your basic Indy boots, calfskin captoes, and calf and suede tassel loafers in stock in 7 and 7.5 EEE, as does Sherman Brothers. Most of the other retailers have one or two choices in 7 and 7.5 EEE or (much more often) don't stock those sizes at all. Everyone can order those sizes -- I've ordered from B+M, Eadlwine, AoC, TSM, LaRossa, Moulded Shoe (different Modified Last makeup, hasn't arrived yet) and AoM -- but finding a shoe IN STOCK is more or less impossible. So I decided to snap these up and I'm glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads