• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's where the LHS grabs me, and I think that's where it grabs everyone. It does loosen up a bit with wear. I also put epic shoe trees in my LHS, to keep some upward pressure on that strap.
Agree, I only have one pair of LHS loafers, but have the same issue. Now it is getting better (less pressure) with wear. I attribute it to a combo of leather (they are CXL) stretch and footbed settle. Still like them, so just go ahead and wear them.

feb112020

Reaction score
Agree, I only have one pair of LHS loafers, but have the same issue. Now it is getting better (less pressure) with wear. I attribute it to a combo of leather (they are CXL) stretch and footbed settle. Still like them, so just go ahead and wear them.
Awesome. Did you get some redness on your foot initially as well? How many wears or how much time until it got better? Thanks.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome. Did you get some redness on your foot initially as well? How many wears or how much time until it got better? Thanks.
Yes I did, and it was a sore spot, about 10 wears and trees for storage and things have cleared up. I don't wear socks with them, and that may have contributed to the issue, I'm not sure. But all is good now, in fact the CXL has stretched to the point that they are now a little loose, but I know I couldn't have gone a size smaller or I would have been in serious pain.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Haven’t had any shell on my feet in a while. Felt good to put these on for an exciting trip to Costco.
View attachment 1437986 View attachment 1437987

Haha ? Costco has been my go to, to take my shoes for an occasional walk as we are still WFH.

Amazing shade of cigar!

We are getting our first Costco here, due to open in late October, early November. Have had Sam's Club for years ,but it's rather boring.

Your life is about to change!

Hi friends. I recently posted on here about my 11D LHS suede loafers being a bit too tight across the vamp. I just ordered both an 11.5D and an 11E to try out some larger sizes. The 11.5D is extremely comfortable, but there's some heel slip at the back. It feels a lot like a driver's shoe or slipper. The 11E is better than the 11D I currently have, but I feel that some tightness around the vamp and toebox area. I'm curious what other folks would do in this position? Thanks.

I've attached an image on where the tightness of the 11D and 11E is primarily around. It's on the top side of the foot, not on the bottom/sole area. When I take my shoe off my skin is red and has an imprint in this area which you can see in the second photo View attachment 1438151 View attachment 1438153

I think that's the standard LHS mark :)

I was in similar boat as you. Tried 12.5D first, then tried 12.5E and 13D. Settled with 13D. 12E for me was looser in the heel than 13D. I was surprised that you felt more looseness in the heel with 11.5D than 11E since 11E is actually a wider shoe.

I'm assuming you're a 11.5D brannock?

feb112020

Reaction score
Haha ? Costco has been my go to, to take my shoes for an occasional walk as we are still WFH.

Amazing shade of cigar!

Your life is about to change!

I think that's the standard LHS mark :)

I was in similar boat as you. Tried 12.5D first, then tried 12.5E and 13D. Settled with 13D. 12E for me was looser in the heel than 13D. I was surprised that you felt more looseness in the heel with 11.5D than 11E since 11E is actually a wider shoe.

I'm assuming you're a 11.5D brannock?
I think it’s possibly because the 11.5D is a tad too long which is also causing the heel slip more than just the width. I wear a 11.5D in the Barrie last (boots).

lcdx22

Reaction score
Cigar LHS today for some dinner and patio time celebrating 7th wedding anniversary.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200808155758403_COVER.jpg
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200808155814426_COVER.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics