• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_6961.JPG

zargoz

Reaction score
I do hope your plantar fasciitis is better, if not...get a book called "The Runners Repair Manual" (it may be out of print but worth finding) there is a great section on taping feet for plantar fasciitis, cured mine 15 yrs ago and the Podiatrist wanted to do surgery. 2 months of taping foot as per book, every day and it has not reappeared.
Thanks, knock on wood but it's been good for a while. Lots of stretching daily and getting away from tight fitting footwear seems to have done the trick.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I live in Seattle and have been by the store a number of times for shoes and Saphir products, though I usually talk to the sales staff rather than Yenni. I always thought of it as the local Alden store; until visiting this forum I hadn't known they had a more national presence. It boosts my hope that they will do well in these difficult times; judging by this forum business in Alden shoes is booming :D.

Yenni used to be at a store in Georgetown (Seattle, not DC) called J Gilbert that sold Alden. They had a bit of being internet famous just for being an Alden seller beyond the stock models. They stopped selling Alden and closed. She started Brick & Mortar. There’s always been the close association with Alden of Carmel which is oddly not in Carmel but in Sequim.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yenni used to be at a store in Georgetown (Seattle, not DC) called J Gilbert that sold Alden. They had a bit of being internet famous just for being an Alden seller beyond the stock models. They stopped selling Alden and closed. She started Brick & Mortar. There’s always been the close association with Alden of Carmel which is oddly not in Carmel but in Sequim.

My understanding is that Adam (Knott, of Alden of Carmel) was a mentor to her and helped get B+M off the ground when J.Gilbert closed. I believe Adam has helped other shops get off the ground as well in various ways. Adam's shop used to be in Carmel back in the day. The whole history is on his website.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boots before a Saturday lunch in a historic hotel.

41DA85D3-F259-45B1-9FD8-FE942089C7F0.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
My understanding is that Adam (Knott, of Alden of Carmel) was a mentor to her and helped get B+M off the ground when J.Gilbert closed. I believe Adam has helped other shops get off the ground as well in various ways. Adam's shop used to be in Carmel back in the day. The whole history is on his website.

Yeah. Adam interestingly enough started his Alden career in La Jolla, CA before moving up to Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, where he got his current name from. Besides from running his own store, he enjoys helping spread the Alden brand and getting new stores established across the country.

Yenni seems like she is doing okay right now. Doesn’t hurt that she just got a batch of exotics in, which some have been posting here already. Besides that she is probably one of the top fashion forward Alden shops filling the gap that Leffot and Epaulet used to fill probably 10 years ago.

-Mike

jtciii

Reaction score
Haven't worn these in about a year, just not nuts about the Plantation crepe sole. Today I'm going to clean them up, polish them and then think I'll list for sale on the B/S/T thread for a pretty lowball price. View attachment 1426291
Had a pair of tan calf NST bluchers with that sole that were great for bad NYC weather. You’d think it would be a lightweight sole but it’s fairly heavy. Walked 6 miles out of NYC in them on 9/11 and never wore them again.

I’ve seen the leather toe replaced with rubber as well as Lulu plates added to them.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know, has Alden resumed production given the outbreak? I remember reading awhile back they did shut down due to quarantine, but has that changed since?

jtciii

Reaction score
Do we know, has Alden resumed production given the outbreak? I remember reading awhile back they did shut down due to quarantine, but has that changed since?
They reopened in early June. I had two pairs in for refurb from Feb that I got back a couple weeks ago as well as a new makeup that just got sent out. Seems like they’re catching up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads