• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelnik

Reaction score
No rain forecasted today so I went with the Cigar Shell LWB from TSM today.

73814ABC-6B2E-4B5B-BD81-9066EC5CE15A.jpeg

8B5FE578-50F1-4E77-B729-C135649A0C92.jpeg

C40DD685-FB2F-41BF-9858-DDB50C00C391.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are looking great! Glad that they are comfortable and not awkward to walk in.

Those are growing on me. I didn’t like them much at first, but definitely growing. I like the visual interest of these having the antique edge.

-Mike
Thanks!

The chukkas are a bit different, but they work well for my feet! You may notice they've creased a whole lot more than my other Plaza lasted shoes. It's anti-mdubs, but I kinda like the visual interest. :p I wonder if Alden used a thinner piece of shell on this pair though, since I've noticed thinner shell tends to roll more.

Wholecuts are a great way to show off shell! I know the slipper style isn't for everyone, but I like them and have a pair of C&J velvet slippers serving as expensive house shoes! I've been back and forth about them having darker edges, but I agree the lighter edge does kinda give them more flair.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
Would going down half a size in Hampton be a killer? There's a make-up from Brogue I really wanted on the seconds list, but it's half a size down from my brannock.

darkclassic

Reaction score
If I'm being honest here, by far the hardest boots to put on this morning haha. It's making me rethink my over/under lacing method for boots with 9 eyelets. These things are awesome though

View attachment 1227456

Those PACs are looking terrific, and hooks would make them easier to live with.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grant wingtips for me today:
082119wtb.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would going down half a size in Hampton be a killer? There's a make-up from Brogue I really wanted on the seconds list, but it's half a size down from my brannock.

I personally find the Hampton to be TTS and going down a half would not work for me. But TSM does allow returns. Check their terms for conditions.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a wingtip Wednesday and for once in a while the rotation worked for that.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude. You are winning. Those are all fantastic. The patina on the older ones is next level.

Looking great in your beautiful Tassels today. Hope that you had a great one and are feeling better.

Looking great in your King NSTs. Those are looking great and the exposed eyes are a nice and unexpected twist.

Very cool first pair of NSTs today Dog. Looking great.

Fantastic looking Natty Indy Boots! Those are looking nice and fresh.

Killer looking summer suedes and love them Snuff Chukkas.

Looking great in your NSTs. I would be highly surprised if Alden permanently dropped Natty CXL since it is readily available from Horween.

Awesome looking PcT Chukkas. Always such an interesting twist to only see the bottom 2/3 of the Boot.

Hah. I wore NSTs today also! Didn’t notice until you said something. You’re are looking superb!

Dog, your Natty Tanks are looking good and a nice combo with the olive.

Don, my man, killing it in those rad black suede loafers.

Those are looking great! Glad that they are comfortable and not awkward to walk in.

Those are growing on me. I didn’t like them much at first, but definitely growing. I like the visual interest of these having the antique edge.

Fantastic looking Dovers! Those have a fantastic color on them and I really like them with the flat Welt.

Gonna read your earlier portions of your post later, but those Green Chukkas today are superb!

Those are beautiful and I love my pair!

Looking great in your Tankers Dog!

Congratulations on your new acquisition. I have a very similar makeup coming sooner or later.

Killing it in your classic and amazing King Wings today bud.

Congratulations on your new and fantastic looking Indy Boots.

Those Wingtip Balmorals are just off the hook. I love them and would have bought them if I didn’t have the old Brooks pair similar to those.

-Mike

Thanks, Mike! The antiqued shoes are just amazing!

Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NSTs today:

View attachment 1227520

Oooh those are purdy. Can't miss those!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get the temptation my-man but I've got a few Hamtons and my experience is that you'll be looking to sell in a few months if you go down from brannock.

Morning all. First day back in shell boots after foot surgery. Feels good to mostly be back to my normal rotation.

View attachment 1227497

Glorious!

Alden Northwest

Reaction score

I have a couple pairs on Hampton and I would not be able to go down from TTS with it. 9.5D is my usual size and works well on the Hampton, definitely don't have room to go down to 9D like I do with the Barrie and TB.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I personally find the Hampton to be TTS and going down a half would not work for me. But TSM does allow returns. Check their terms for conditions.
I get the temptation my-man but I've got a few Hamtons and my experience is that you'll be looking to sell in a few months if you go down from brannock.

Glorious!
I have a couple pairs on Hampton and I would not be able to go down from TTS with it. 9.5D is my usual size and works well on the Hampton, definitely don't have room to go down to 9D like I do with the Barrie and TB.

Thanks guys. I don't have any Aldens in Hampton so appreciate the advice. I have a Plaza boot and if Hampton is comparible in size I understand your advice.

Looks like I'll have to pass on a pseudo-grail :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads