• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a size 7 as well and was sitting there for awhile, but it's gone now.

wait, i need some clarification. I purchased the "tanker" boot in a barrie last --- did i pick up a Leffot make up? that would be amazing if it is, because like i said, i was hoping to put my name on the wait list for their pre-order but my size was gone.

What was the model number?

mr.invincible

Reaction score
What was the model number?

FD-40218HC. what makes a boot a tanker boot anyways? the last?

In regards to the comment about color 8 selling out, when the TSM emails come out its like a new rush for me that I use to get when buying Supreme.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have wondered why they are called Tankers as well, and all I can come up with is this from some Denim Blog a while ago:
The Alden Tanker Boot aka the NST (Norwegian Split Toe) Boot is a classic in the making. There are many stories on why this boot called a “tanker” boot, such as the Barrie last which it is constructed on, was suppled to to the US Military, or that the combination of the commando sole and hand construction is but like a “tank.”

Whatever the reason, they are called Tankers.

chipperoo

Reaction score
Color 8 AoM tankers today

IMG_20190404_105258_534.jpg

schweezly

Reaction score
View attachment 1154347

Well I’m going to see what a Grant last “tanker” looks like. I guess it’s not really a Tanker if it’s on a different last, just an NST boot. I wasn’t going to hop on them but I’ve wanted to try a Grant boot for a while

Looks like these will be available back at TSM in 10D, I had them cancel my order. If anyone is looking for a Barrie Tanker from the Leffot run keep an eye out

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked these up at the BB warehouse sale but in the mad dash I didn’t realize I already have the snuff suede and the mink suede are too snug B4525743-53A4-4640-A78C-F0723B4DE1E0.jpeg EF17488B-18A6-4520-8407-38F3381F37C7.jpeg

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FD-40218HC. what makes a boot a tanker boot anyways? the last?

In regards to the comment about color 8 selling out, when the TSM emails come out its like a new rush for me that I use to get when buying Supreme.

40218HC is not Leffot's model - Leffot's has a flat welt, which 40218HC has a pre-stitched reverse welt. 40218HC is available at a number of retailers, including Alden Madison (the NY shop).

Color 8 AoM tankers today

View attachment 1154723

Super nice.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shell PCT never hurt anybody. Side question, any help with that right tongue? Do I need to take it to a cobbler and have them sew it to one side? Left tongue stays perfect, right tongue hates its life and hides in shame...

View attachment 1154672

My suede boots had the same tongue issue. Cobbler just put in a few stitches and that took care of it.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly - I posted a few more pics in B&S. Feel free to send me an offer if still interested.

10d? Any interest in passing on a deal to fellow forumites?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
40218HC is not Leffot's model - Leffot's has a flat welt, which 40218HC has a pre-stitched reverse welt. 40218HC is available at a number of retailers, including Alden Madison (the NY shop).

Super nice.
This may seem a stupid question, but how does one tell, from the model number, who's makeup a shoe or boot is? Google it? Call Alden on the phone?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may seem a stupid question, but how does one tell, from the model number, who's makeup a shoe or boot is? Google it? Call Alden on the phone?

You can ask Alden, but for many of them, I have learned which retailers have offered which model numbers, either from owning the shoe, seeing them offered at the retailers over the years or from asking Alden -- I know a significant amount of the model numbers by memory - style, last, retailer, etc. -- not sure how many, but it would be a fun thought experiment to get a list of every model number Alden has ever made and try to see if I know it by memory...

Googling it helps, but there is a lot of misinformation out there. David (of vcleat fame) started a website (aldenmodelproject.com) which scrapes eBay data to compile a database of model number information, which I am helping him with, but sometimes (often) eBay sellers get their own info wrong.

There are also hints within the model numbers themselves. Alden uses generally similar numbering conventions, and there is a method to the madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads