• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPS just delivered the Brogue Terranova boots. Exactly what I thought they would be, very- and I mean very- similar to my AOC Scotch grain AoC-92, except the Terranova have a perf cap and AoC is plain. So I guess they are REALLY Different, right? View attachment 1112327 View attachment 1112328

Nice! Mine should be here tomorrow. Also, the LHS with my other snuff suede. I have WTB's on order, need to add either the Davis or a plain cap toe boot as well.

20190122_194107.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe that's a Ravello u-tip on Barrie

Awesome thanks!!

We all get captivated by the exotics but man, this is as good as it gets. An Alden WTB in a glorious shade of 8. Well done.

This is just classic.

Thanks so much and @Vocans is on the money, ravello utips on Barrie. As for the perf cap's, color 8 all the way. My suits span almost the entire color spectrum, and the 8's go well with all of them.

Not sure how I missed this but damn @Don L , this is just slick. Love the slacks and shoes.

Perfect. What is the difference between the utip and the Indy? The Indy toe seems a bit square with the stitching?

Fantastic, love these shoes and the color 8 makes them POP. It looks dark enough to fly under the radar if needed. Such a classic style.

GGMac

Reaction score
TSM Snuff PCT boots on double waterloc arrived today. These may be the most comfortable Alden boots I’ve put on right out of the box. The tongue is unlined so I’m curious as to how well it will stay in place but they sure are comfortable. I wish these came with the same round laces as Yenni’s Davis boots so I’ll be on the lookout for something similar. Bad basement lighting pics.

B19D6A30-F8C6-4BC7-8A5F-0F6E5E3F6572.jpeg

F0AFE464-D709-4EFA-B478-D7A3357B3207.jpeg

Disco Volante

Reaction score
I've never tried it on CXL, don't think it's necessary as it might trap the natural oils in and not let the leather breath. But it does say one can use it on smooth leather. Honestly I've only used it on suede.

That’s what I thought as well.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPS just delivered the Brogue Terranova boots. Exactly what I thought they would be, very- and I mean very- similar to my AOC Scotch grain AoC-92, except the Terranova have a perf cap and AoC is plain. So I guess they are REALLY Different, right? View attachment 1112327 View attachment 1112328

Yeah, that Terranova boot is a beauty, dog!
I've got a Sasso tanker boot coming from yenni later this spring to scratch my scotch grain itch.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden Voyage of the Davis Boot by B&M today. My wife bought these for me for Christmas, arrived a week or so ago. Big thank you to Yenni for helping my wife decide on these and for throwing in a pair of Alden shoe trees as well!

32Jc1EV.jpg

Nice! Mine should be here tomorrow. Also, the LHS with my other snuff suede. I have WTB's on order, need to add either the Davis or a plain cap toe boot as well.

View attachment 1112510

TSM Snuff PCT boots on double waterloc arrived today. These may be the most comfortable Alden boots I’ve put on right out of the box. The tongue is unlined so I’m curious as to how well it will stay in place but they sure are comfortable. I wish these came with the same round laces as Yenni’s Davis boots so I’ll be on the lookout for something similar. Bad basement lighting pics.

View attachment 1112508
View attachment 1112509

awesome snuff guys

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks!!

Perfect. What is the difference between the utip and the Indy? The Indy toe seems a bit square with the stitching?

Fantastic, love these shoes and the color 8 makes them POP. It looks dark enough to fly under the radar if needed. Such a classic style.

I am far from an expert but to my eyes, you nailed it. The utip seems a little rounder/softer, but the difference is subtle. I preferred the Indy initially but have come to appreciate the flexibility the utip affords me. Can't go wrong either way and I am fortunate to have these beauties. As for the shoes, right again. The perf. Just gave them a little pop that made them slightly noticeable, which is precisely the look I was going for when I dress somewhat formally. Trust me when I say this, your admiration of this shoe will only increase over time. You have made a very wise choice.,

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am far from an expert but to my eyes, you nailed it. The utip seems a little rounder/softer, but the difference is subtle. I preferred the Indy initially but have come to appreciate the flexibility the utip affords me. Can't go wrong either way and I am fortunate to have these beauties. As for the shoes, right again. The perf. Just gave them a little pop that made them slightly noticeable, which is precisely the look I was going for when I dress somewhat formally. Trust me when I say this, your admiration of this shoe will only increase over time. You have made a very wise choice.,

I don't own an Indy or a Utip but I hope someday I have both in my collection. No Alden boots for me, yet! It's hard to tell exactly how they look like from a photo on a screen :)

I really like the simplicity of the cap toe bal, but the perf toe is just enough to catch an eye, but not a stop and stare in a formal environment. Thank you, I try hard to make discerning purchases that I will use/enjoy and bring good things in my career. Money is finite for me, so it's a tough game... :violin:

I can't wait to wear them for many years down the road!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can say very similar but think I like the Terranova a little more. I’d like to pick up a grain boot soon but see alpine and scotch. Do you know the difference? From what I could tell from photos, one is darker and more textured.

Color tones aside, the Alpine grain is more smaller and more “pebbled” and the Scotch grain is larger in size. The LWB is Alpine. Enlarge the images and you can see a difference.

23529589-7FE1-4B30-821D-46510DD84937.jpeg
5F5684B6-4EE9-496F-9419-19351EBD8EA6.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1112510
The Davis would be in same color palette as the 3 in the pix, so that might be a consideration on next boot. Plain cap toe in Color 8 would be a nice addition, but the Davis IS a great boot.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads