• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourdoggies

Reaction score
So understandably, lots of places have the policy of not accepting shoe returns where the leather has been creased because then they cannot sell it as new.

So what do you guys do to try on a new shoe where you're unsure about the size, especially in stride, that doesn't create creases in the vamp flex area?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good morning my friends and fellow fine footwear enthusiasts! So I picked up these Brooks Natty CXL loafers on the Aberdeen last. I have always had a problem because my feet are not the same size. My right foot is about 1/4 size smaller than left. I had actually ordered the loafers in 9.5 & 10 to see if I could try to resell the mismatched pair, but the 9.5 was too small for the right. My question is: what have any/some of you done to COMFORTABLY make up just the teeniest tiniest amount of volume—so little that with thick socks the problem is almost negated but with thin socks it is more prominent and well, I don’t want to wear winter socks everyday..... heel pads? tongue pads? any reco on thin insoles? Thanks guys I appreciate any insight.

TL;DR: My feet are two different sizes by about 1/4-1/2 size. What can I do to make up extra volume??
I'd start with an insert. I know the el cheapo Walgreens/CVS ones exist, but I prefer a leather footbed so I buy the Saphir leather ones. The cork compresses to where it's almost just the thickness of the leather itself. Depending on how it is loose, a tongue pad may help, but I'd start with the insole. I'd avoid heel pads - I've not found a way to make them work acceptably yet.

frankmartin

Reaction score
Good morning my friends and fellow fine footwear enthusiasts! So I picked up these Brooks Natty CXL loafers on the Aberdeen last. I have always had a problem because my feet are not the same size. My right foot is about 1/4 size smaller than left. I had actually ordered the loafers in 9.5 & 10 to see if I could try to resell the mismatched pair, but the 9.5 was too small for the right. My question is: what have any/some of you done to COMFORTABLY make up just the teeniest tiniest amount of volume—so little that with thick socks the problem is almost negated but with thin socks it is more prominent and well, I don’t want to wear winter socks everyday..... heel pads? tongue pads? any reco on thin insoles? Thanks guys I appreciate any insight.

TL;DR: My feet are two different sizes by about 1/4-1/2 size. What can I do to make up extra volume??

Maybe try wearing one no-show sock on underneath your dress sock on the smaller foot?

There are always tongue pads and heel snugs.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we picked up the same pair during the same sale last year - how many wears do you think you've put on these? I just looked at the data, and was surprised to see I'm at 35 (!), so probably need to give them a rest. They are showing quite a bit more creasing than yours, but I generally like the beat up look of them. Yours seem to have a glow about them, which I do miss.
Not nearly enough wears, though I'm planning to fix that this fall. I seem to like darker during the fall/winter and lighter stuff in the summer/spring. I'm a brushing-guy too...

elTiburon

Reaction score
I'd start with an insert. I know the el cheapo Walgreens/CVS ones exist, but I prefer a leather footbed so I buy the Saphir leather ones. The cork compresses to where it's almost just the thickness of the leather itself. Depending on how it is loose, a tongue pad may help, but I'd start with the insole. I'd avoid heel pads - I've not found a way to make them work acceptably yet.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will definitely check out those Saphir insoles. As you can imagine, I am looking for just the thinnest amount of insole and I think those might do the job. Plus, like you, I would rather put a cork & leather insole in my cork & leather soled shoes. Thanks again for the help

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 LHS with black edge.

5C5A2ECE-8AE1-46EE-8DE0-93FAFADAFEFF.jpeg

DD6F97CE-F5D5-4977-B69D-A9B45CEE57AC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads