• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell maintenance day rainbow

20180929_110840.jpg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was anyone else on Yenni’s preorder for the snuff Tankers that were supposed to be in in August? I’m assuming the factory is still ~2 months behind?

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very very nice. Would love to get my hands on a black pair of these from back in the day (9D or 9E if anyone holding). The black shell with the antique welt was something special.
Thank you. Feel lucky to be able to snag these. I would mind having the black Pitt either but more than likely a needle in the haystack.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, those are fantastic. I just emailed about them today (and the reverse tobacco chamois) but I was late to the party (surprise!). Might be my favorite tanker make-ups in those two materials.

This is a tough one for me. I really like the reverse chamois tanker, but I just picked up the U tip Aberdeen version from Carmel’s last call section. I know I would prefer the tanker version, but the U Tip was such a good deal I’m having a hard time quantifying exactly how much more I would prefer the tanker.

I figured you could appreciate my consternation, but I’m bummed for you that they didn’t have either in your size! I think I’ll just assume my size is sold out as well.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8C5F6853-E1CA-43C5-BD05-3E76C07D1289.jpeg
7BD78A98-011A-46D7-9660-834443D5B3C3.jpeg
Whiskey LHS’s Tommy Bahama Cord Shorts Country Surfboards tee for evening BBQ at nephew’s home. Same guy I fished the Colorado River with weeks ago in kayak’s camping in our way down the Grand Canyon.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured you could appreciate my consternation, but I’m bummed for you that they didn’t have either in your size! I think I’ll just assume my size is sold out as well.
Indeed I do. It’s probably your best bet to put them out of your mind. The U-Tips are cool boots for sure and IMO functionally equivalent. A while back when I inquired about them, they were sold out in my size. Surprise!

I believe as of today my two favorite reverse tobacco chamois make-ups are the Gentlemen’s Footwear Tanker and the LWB by B+M. Maybe someday I’ll even own one.

The CXL tanker is probably my favorite natural CXL tanker, but I haven’t decided if I like the looks of it more than the B+M natural CXL Indy. But no worries. All sold out.

So maybe I buy a 9501 from AoSF just to scratch my natural CXL itch and gain some Alden XPs / street cred. Or maybe I wait until boot season is at least half over to receive a pair of boots that I wanted to wear during boot season. Still thinking it over.

elTiburon

Reaction score
Welcome to the style forum and to Alden. A great first pair. Buckle up and grab your wallet. Your discovery of Alden right as AE spirals out of control will make for a bumpy ride.

Couldn’t have said words more true. I picked up my first pair of Alden this week and combined with the... direction... that AE is going, my wallet is already running scared.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed I do. It’s probably your best bet to put them out of your mind. The U-Tips are cool boots for sure and IMO functionally equivalent. A while back when I inquired about them, they were sold out in my size. Surprise!

I believe as of today my two favorite reverse tobacco chamois make-ups are the Gentlemen’s Footwear Tanker and the LWB by B+M. Maybe someday I’ll even own one.

The CXL tanker is probably my favorite natural CXL tanker, but I haven’t decided if I like the looks of it more than the B+M natural CXL Indy. But no worries. All sold out.

So maybe I buy a 9501 from AoSF just to scratch my natural CXL itch and gain some Alden XPs / street cred. Or maybe I wait until boot season is at least half over to receive a pair of boots that I wanted to wear during boot season. Still thinking it over.

If it makes you feel better (and I can’t imagine it would, but so goes the saying), I am an E or EE width in most Alden lasts except the Trubalance, which makes it even less likely to find a non-Indy model in my size. I’m basically limited to TB,pre-orders, a few Brogue models (Mack is the man for stocking a lot of Es), or trying to make a sized up Barrie D width work.

So I just have to exercise a lot of patience. When I first got into Alden I was all excited, only to quickly realize my size was practically nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better (and I can’t imagine it would, but so goes the saying), I am an E or EE width in most Alden lasts except the Trubalance, which makes it even less likely to find a non-Indy model in my size. I’m basically limited to TB,pre-orders, a few Brogue models (Mack is the man for stocking a lot of Es), or trying to make a sized up Barrie D width work.

So I just have to exercise a lot of patience. When I first got into Alden I was all excited, only to quickly realize my size was practically nowhere to be found.

Don’t give up. I onLy wear eee and have accumulated over 20 pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads