• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2018 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not at this juncture. They used to make a beef roll when they had their Maine factory and the Cape Cod Collection, but no more. Rancourt makes a nice Beef Roll Loafer.

-Mike
I know about the Rancourt and will wind up with one of theirs in the spring, just really like Alden stuff and the couple of retailers I have established a relationship with.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are stunning.
What laces are you planning on swapping the original ones with?
Thanks! The 2.3mmx48" round laces from AE. I've got some extra black and brown coming to try.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I know about the Rancourt and will wind up with one of theirs in the spring, just really like Alden stuff and the couple of retailers I have established a relationship with.
Yeah, I am right there with you. I wish Alden offered all the designs that I wanted. I had to go to C&J in order to get a Whiskey Shell Double Monk since I am pretty confident that Alden won’t offer them in the foreseeable future. However, I always prefer going to Alden if remotely possible.

Thanks - I feel very lucky to have them! :fistbump:
Wow. Somehow I thought that they were Color 8, apparently didn’t read it very closely and was outside so lighting on phone wasn’t the best. Still a good pairing and very nice Boots sir. I think you may need to alter your handle here soon.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thanks Mike - they were a very recent pickup and I feel truly blessed to have them. I love the cigar and really need to get them in some natural light, but here are a few more pics.
View attachment 1098241 View attachment 1098240 View attachment 1098243
With color 8 for comparison:
View attachment 1098244
They look great. You were very lucky!!! Nice contrast with the King, glad that you got the Dark Edges on your King as it has a nice contrast between your two boots.

-Mike

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a lousy evening! Mediocre pizza, 4 block walk, 7$ to park and the guitar player in the jazz trio had the flu, so no live jazz. At least I got to wear the Brogue Assassin boots, so got that goin' for me.....

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
What a lousy evening! Mediocre pizza, 4 block walk, 7$ to park and the guitar player in the jazz trio had the flu, so no live jazz. At least I got to wear the Brogue Assassin boots, so got that goin' for me.....
LOL. Bummer dude. You totally should have covered for him!!!! ;-)

Glad that you were rocking Alden perfection.

-Mike

fourdoggies

Reaction score
Yeah, I am right there with you. I wish Alden offered all the designs that I wanted. I had to go to C&J in order to get a Whiskey Shell Double Monk since I am pretty confident that Alden won’t offer them in the foreseeable future. However, I always prefer going to Alden if remotely possible.

Wow. Somehow I thought that they were Color 8, apparently didn’t read it very closely and was outside so lighting on phone wasn’t the best. Still a good pairing and very nice Boots sir. I think you may need to alter your handle here soon.

-Mike
Yeah, I'm going to dip my toe in either the Rancourt caramel shell or C&J whiskey shell waters very soon. I like Aldens but I just don't have the patience to wait on their rare shell when similar offerings are available now from other places.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to dip my toe in either the Rancourt caramel shell or C&J whiskey shell waters very soon. I like Aldens but I just don't have the patience to wait on their rare shell when similar offerings are available now from other places.
The Rancourt Caramel looks nice in photos.....

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
C&J makes fantastic footwear and for similar reasons I now own more C&J shoes/boots (all shell) than Alden (also all shell). Aesthetically I still prefer Alden over anything else, especially when it comes to wingtips and NST (and maybe captoes too). I think Alden gets the balance just right with the 9 eyelets and shaft height

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.