• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not at this juncture. They used to make a beef roll when they had their Maine factory and the Cape Cod Collection, but no more. Rancourt makes a nice Beef Roll Loafer.

-Mike
I know about the Rancourt and will wind up with one of theirs in the spring, just really like Alden stuff and the couple of retailers I have established a relationship with.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, those are stunning.
What laces are you planning on swapping the original ones with?
Thanks! The 2.3mmx48" round laces from AE. I've got some extra black and brown coming to try.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I know about the Rancourt and will wind up with one of theirs in the spring, just really like Alden stuff and the couple of retailers I have established a relationship with.

Yeah, I am right there with you. I wish Alden offered all the designs that I wanted. I had to go to C&J in order to get a Whiskey Shell Double Monk since I am pretty confident that Alden won’t offer them in the foreseeable future. However, I always prefer going to Alden if remotely possible.

Thanks - I feel very lucky to have them! :fistbump:

Wow. Somehow I thought that they were Color 8, apparently didn’t read it very closely and was outside so lighting on phone wasn’t the best. Still a good pairing and very nice Boots sir. I think you may need to alter your handle here soon.

-Mike

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike - they were a very recent pickup and I feel truly blessed to have them. I love the cigar and really need to get them in some natural light, but here are a few more pics.
20181227_211251.jpg
20181227_211950.jpg
20181227_211414.jpg

With color 8 for comparison:
20181227_211923.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thanks Mike - they were a very recent pickup and I feel truly blessed to have them. I love the cigar and really need to get them in some natural light, but here are a few more pics.
View attachment 1098241 View attachment 1098240 View attachment 1098243
With color 8 for comparison:
View attachment 1098244

They look great. You were very lucky!!! Nice contrast with the King, glad that you got the Dark Edges on your King as it has a nice contrast between your two boots.

-Mike

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
What a lousy evening! Mediocre pizza, 4 block walk, 7$ to park and the guitar player in the jazz trio had the flu, so no live jazz. At least I got to wear the Brogue Assassin boots, so got that goin' for me.....

LOL. Bummer dude. You totally should have covered for him!!!! ;-)

Glad that you were rocking Alden perfection.

-Mike

fourdoggies

Reaction score

Yeah, I am right there with you. I wish Alden offered all the designs that I wanted. I had to go to C&J in order to get a Whiskey Shell Double Monk since I am pretty confident that Alden won’t offer them in the foreseeable future. However, I always prefer going to Alden if remotely possible.

Wow. Somehow I thought that they were Color 8, apparently didn’t read it very closely and was outside so lighting on phone wasn’t the best. Still a good pairing and very nice Boots sir. I think you may need to alter your handle here soon.

-Mike

Yeah, I'm going to dip my toe in either the Rancourt caramel shell or C&J whiskey shell waters very soon. I like Aldens but I just don't have the patience to wait on their rare shell when similar offerings are available now from other places.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to dip my toe in either the Rancourt caramel shell or C&J whiskey shell waters very soon. I like Aldens but I just don't have the patience to wait on their rare shell when similar offerings are available now from other places.
The Rancourt Caramel looks nice in photos.....

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J makes fantastic footwear and for similar reasons I now own more C&J shoes/boots (all shell) than Alden (also all shell). Aesthetically I still prefer Alden over anything else, especially when it comes to wingtips and NST (and maybe captoes too). I think Alden gets the balance just right with the 9 eyelets and shaft height

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads