• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0655.JPG
For Mac.

Rstldr

Reaction score
King Wing for Uncle Mac
GMFpeHf.jpg

(Even though they're not Alden, I think he'd approve of 49-year-old Color #8 shell Florsheim Imperials)

I've added June 1st as King Wing day on my calendar going forward.
I've done the same for June 1st going forward. Amazing posts. Uncle Mac meant so much to so many and set the tone for this forum. I hope to handle myself the same as he did here as well as I'm led to believe he did elsewhere. RIP

stevefok

Reaction score
All of you looking so great on the KingWingDay, wear your Aldens in good health, Gentlemen!

Really love this Alden Community!!! Let's make the KingWingDay happenes annually!!!

I don't own a Kingwings myself so I wore my King Tassels on the #KingWingDay

kingtassels.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
ravello tassels x leffot and ep twill
because my friend shogo.r did yesterday

View attachment 790358

Those are beautiful D! Love them!

Since I am out of town Friday, I wanted to acknowledge the passing of Uncle Mac. I wish I had had the chance to know him.

View attachment 790368

Thank you so much doc.

R.I.P. Uncle Mac. I will be paying my respects tomorrow.

Thanks AD!

Wendsday and couldn't resist.. pretty much a favorite..
View attachment 790519 View attachment 790520

Looking great Chippy!

Black shell tankers on Trubalance with Commando sole from Alden SF:

View attachment 790653

Beautiful boots X! Looking stellar today!

I haven't checked this thread in a couple of weeks. I'm saddened to hear the news of Uncle Mac's passing. Like many of you, his photos were a major part of why I developed an interest in Alden shoes. I didn't know him as well as many of you, but he was always cordial with me, PMed me on occasion and gave me shoe advice. He was a pioneer of Styleforum and probably the major reason this thread maintains a unique decorum and comraderie. I will be wearing color 8 tomorrow in his honor. R.I.P.

Thanks Alci! It is always good to see you here my friend. I couldn't agree more!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Since I am out of town Friday, I wanted to acknowledge the passing of Uncle Mac. I wish I had had the chance to know him.

View attachment 790368

Will probably see the most traffic in years, today!

View attachment 790858 Uncle,

Sleep well.

Nephew.

#kingwingday

View attachment 790868 View attachment 790869 For our brother Mac. It won't be the same without you Sir. RIP. #KingWingDay

King wingtip boot for Mac today.

View attachment 790880

Dear Mac,

Thank you for your enthusiasm about the wonderful world of Alden shell cordovan, your kindness, your pithy wit, your groundedness and your encouragement of all of us on this thread. Your method lives on, but so does the spirit of civility and gentlemanliness you cultivated here. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as I enjoy the growing patina on my several-year-old 975s today.

Rest in Peace, Uncle!

The King for Uncle Mac!

View attachment 790904

View attachment 790905

I never interacted with Mac but here's a tribute. It's obvious to me this community wouldn't be what it is without his influence.

King Wing for Uncle Mac
(Even though they're not Alden, I think he'd approve of 49-year-old Color #8 shell Florsheim Imperials)

I've added June 1st as King Wing day on my calendar going forward.

I'm basically just a lurker, late to the game, and I don't possess the footwear yet to give a proper tribute.

But, FWIW, RIP Uncle Mac. The Alden community here has been a key part of developing my style interest, so I owe him.

I'm relatively new so I didn't know mr. Mac. Wearing my LWBs in solidarity with you gentledudes.

View attachment 790963

View attachment 790966 Honoring MacArthur with my KingTip Boots from EP

View attachment 790971 For Uncle Mac. Great seeing everyone's Wingtips today!

One had to admire Mac's profound Alden nerditry. Salutes!

Truth be told, looking over the last few pages, I honestly teared up. Thanks guys for participating. Very special community, this.

That was me. Kathy was very enthusiastic about it, but corporate wouldn't allow it. They won't even do trunk shows there. Instead, I just organized a couple of non-sponsored meetups of my own. Just a few folks each time, but it was fun and Kathy really enjoyed it.

- Marc

RIP Mac

Plain toe King cordovan boots for Mac

21 Gun(boat) Salute!

I am touched by the level of deep respect and honour that Uncle Mac (R.I.P.) has received on this great forum. Let's keep this going!

View attachment 791009

I can only image how great the contributions of Uncle Mac were in his personal life. I know his impact here has been beyond measure.

Thank You, Mac

To Uncle Mac

Always took the time to reply and commend participants, both veterans and novices to the Forum. A true role model! He loved his tassels too!

RIP Mac. He was so generous with his time and advice; helped me navigate my early career. His messages were short and sweet but always got my attention (see image).

I'm wearing a Smathers & Branson needlepoint belt as I write this.

View attachment 791045

View attachment 791049 What a great showing today. Rest In Peace Mac.

Practicing a little Mac method:

View attachment 791053

Very sad to hear the news. M was such a kind man. He would check on my family and well being, not just ask about shoes. Although he visited Maui once a year, unfortunately he never came to Oahu but he would always call or drop an email. Our phone conversations never felt like a proprietor to customer relationship.

RIP Uncle M, I started my business to service people like you.

View attachment 791071 View attachment 791072 RIP Uncle .. King LHS for U my friend..

Non-Alden burgundy gunboats...
View attachment 791076
Here's to you Uncle Mac!

In honor of Uncle Mac. RIP.

View attachment 791079

i didnt know mac, but he was always class and never crass on this forum.

and his collection was awe-inspiring.

Best I could do, shell MacNeils for Uncle Mac.

View attachment 791090

6e236fe07ad6d6899191af4568148721.jpg

In honor of Mac.

Mac was the epitome of a gentlemen, always willing to help or give counsel, never too busy to email or talk on the phone. You will be missed Mac.

Not Alden and not #8, AE oxblood long-wing bluchers are the best I can do... but at least they're named MAC-gregors, after all.

Rest easy, Uncle Mac.

View attachment 791125

I've done the same for June 1st going forward. Amazing posts. Uncle Mac meant so much to so many and set the tone for this forum. I hope to handle myself the same as he did here as well as I'm led to believe he did elsewhere. RIP

All of you looking so great on the KingWingDay, wear your Aldens in good health, Gentlemen!

Really love this Alden Community!!! Let's make the KingWingDay happenes annually!!!

I don't own a Kingwings myself so I wore my King Tassels on the #KingWingDay

View attachment 791189

Fellow Nephews,

@LuxeSwap summed up my emotions browsing through today's posts, I could not help but to tear up as I liked and quoted all of these tributary posts to are Uncle. I am awestruck by the amazing support demonstrated here today and on Instagram to pay tribute to our beloved Uncle. Although a humble man, he would be pleased to see his family support him.

Thank you so much everyone! I think an annual KingWingDay may be in order to pay proper tribute to the man that so clearly influenced us all, however, I may shift the day to the proper day next year.

For Uncle Mac.

IMG_6358.JPG.jpeg

king lwb
argyles otc

www.styleforum.jpg

-Mike

indianshaft

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, the polish was caked on (they were brand new and I wanted to wait a couple of wears) it took a long time and still got a ways to go...this guy must really like polish...I used two different shoe cleaners, water, and elbow grease and well I will take them to a different cobbler and just have him take the rest off...I must have OCD cause now I noticed all the little hair bumps (or at least what I think are hair bumps)? will update with pictures...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really touching tribute today Gentlemen. Thank you! I know Mac would be proud.

He often told us, when we got obsessive, that our shoes were just shoes, not Rembrandts. However, Mac's advice and friendship that he offered us, were indeed priceless.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while but stumbled across the news of Uncle's passing of all places, on FB. Very sad day for me as Uncle provided me tons of advice over the last several years (even gave me some sage career advice at one point). He was class personified. Never one to demean or ridicule others. I wrote in a post a year or two ago that his gentle and supportive demeanor really set the tone for this thread. While other threads back then could get pretty hostile, this one had a much higher bar. I already miss him and his PM's and emails. One of a kind. RIP Uncle. In his honor, the King of the Longwings...

975-.jpg

975-A.jpg

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
I'm late to the party for the celebration of Uncle Mac's life but here I go. I was one of the fortunate few that actually got to talk to Uncle Mac. We visited many time by telephone and shared many conversations on all things Alden. He always gave me sound advice and he will be sorely missed. May you enjoy your new adventure Unlce Mac-The King of Color #8!

Steve

jcrew 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads