• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, here is my first pair of cordovan shoes. The norweign split toe in color 8.

View attachment 788146
Looks like the Barrie version. I've only owned mine for a couple of months but they have become my go-to shoes. It is such a versatile style and of course, 8 is king. Yours look great. Congrats on a very nice pick-up.

Rstldr

Reaction score
Thank you mdubs for sharing the news of uncle Mac. When I first started getting interested In Nicer shoes and some finer things uncle macs pictures and posts were some of the first I came across. I only knew him through this forum and I have been absent lately, but his interactions here set a standard which I greatly admired and some like mdubs have followed.

Uncle, you set a standard of being a gentleman I aim to follow. Rest In Peace. - nephew.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
Looks like the Barrie version. I've only owned mine for a couple of months but they have become my go-to shoes. It is such a versatile style and of course, 8 is king. Yours look great. Congrats on a very nice pick-up.

It's the aberdeenlast in a 8.5 D

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the news of Uncle Mac and your stories guys. He was my introduction to shell cordovan, like many of us, and he will truly be missed. I did not know him personally, just on the boards, but he influenced my Alden collection right from the beginning.

See you guys on King Wing Day.

- Jesse, Nephew

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What oil do you use? I have a pair of reverse chamois Indys being delivered early next week.

Allen Edmonds used to sell a Chamois Oil. Russell Moccasin still sell a Chamois Oil product. Pure conjecture, but I bet its the same as the AE product.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncle Mac was a cornerstone of this community. Rarely am I at a loss for words, but I'm not finding any. I remember being welcomed by him, and honored the first time he called me nephew.

I'll be wearing my only Color #8 on the first (my vintage Florsheim) in his memory, and raising a glass for him tonight - my Angel's Envy Rye seems the right choice. Rest in peace Uncle.

mrfixit

Reaction score
RIP McArthur. They should rename the king lwb after him. I'll be sure to get my Mac method on this weekend in memory of. I remember finding it odd that a man was calling other men nephew, before realizing it was a term of endearment. I'm happy to have been addressed by him on occasion. His contributions have been and will continue to be missed.

Remember gents, color 8 is king.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8992.JPG
RIP Mac. Man I love to look at that mans pictures. True star to this form. Have a great holiday weekend gentleman.

Last edited:

AMD500

Reaction score
Sad news, thoughts and prayers for Mac and his family.

I fondly remember the first time he commented on one of my images. I felt like I made the big leagues

Agreed. Rest in peace sir. A true gentleman always makes newcomers feel welcome. Condolences to his family.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for Mac and his family, I always enjoyed looking at all the great alden shoes and boots in his posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads