• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3149.JPG
Still warm here.. These do the trick!

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
can anyone recommend a cobbler in the Philly area to resole and reheel a pair of Alden tassel loafers?

You could always send them to Aram at Ah One. He does incredible work on Alden's. He is located in VA. But shipping to him is a breeze

Hill

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations. I'd like to get a dressier pair of Aldens to wear with suits. Mostly navy for evening events, not needed for work. I know the plaza can be dressed up but I have a pair of boots on that last and don't wear them too often. Favorites are on the barrie and grant, but aren't the balmorals on the hampton? Aberdeen? I'm thinking a color 8 straight cap toe balmoral. Any thoughts on that build or on wearing shell for more formal occasions? Does that shoe even exist?

And agree with all the praise for Aram. Nice guy who does great work.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations. I'd like to get a dressier pair of Aldens to wear with suits. Mostly navy for evening events, not needed for work. I know the plaza can be dressed up but I have a pair of boots on that last and don't wear them too often. Favorites are on the barrie and grant, but aren't the balmorals on the hampton? Aberdeen? I'm thinking a color 8 straight cap toe balmoral. Any thoughts on that build or on wearing shell for more formal occasions? Does that shoe even exist?

That's a tough one. The closest I could find are these http://www.pelleline.com/alden_shel...le_oxford_994_993_dark_burgundy/pid-2194.html

What do you not like about Aberdeen or Hampton if I might ask? If I had to wear a suit my choice would be a #8 NST on Aberdeen but that's just me.

Hill

Reaction score

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think both those lasts are nice, just don't own either of them. I need to get on the split toe wagon. The tankers are slowly growing on me.

I thought I'd never wear a splitter but now it's about all I want. My foot it is on the narrow side so the Aberdeen last fits me very well. I've yet to try the Hampton. Leather and soul does some interesting dress shoes on barrie but impossible to get I would imagine.

Hill

Reaction score
I thought I'd never wear a splitter but now it's about all I want. My foot it is on the narrow side so the Aberdeen last fits me very well. I've yet to try the Hampton. Leather and soul does some interesting dress shoes on barrie but impossible to get I would imagine.

Yeah I haven't had much luck with that shop but they do put out some unique makeups.

stevefok

Reaction score

Hampton cap toe bal or blucher will be an excellent choice. For the general rule, shell is a bit too casual for suits, but who cares? We love shell, get a #8 or black shell would be nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads