• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tps3443

Reaction score
Alden for Epaulet, Michigan Innsbruck boot. Chromexcel brown horween leather, in size 11.5 on the van last. I am glad I did not go 11 " A full size down" the fit is amazing! I bought these first quality Alden Michigan boots from Mike at Epaulet.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. It is dark out, and I do not have a decent camera.

Man do I love these Alden's!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

great looking boot. have contemplated getting some version of the michigan boot but haven't pulled the trigger. your pics are helping though

tps3443

Reaction score
The clicking is so much better then Wolverine 1000 mile lol. No loose grain creasing! Quality is amazing. These are my first pair of Alden's

I actually bought them on accident. I thought they were a Indy boot style. And I realized they were not after I paid online. Well, it turns out ! I really like them better. And I am 110% satisfied.

fitchottie

Reaction score

The clicking is so much better then Wolverine 1000 mile lol. No loose grain creasing! Quality is amazing. These are my first pair of Alden's

I actually bought them on accident. I thought they were a Indy boot style. And I realized they were not after I paid online. Well, it turns out ! I really like them better. And I am 110% satisfied.

I missed an 11.5 on eBay that were a Hell of a deal

tps3443

Reaction score
I'm ready to get a few more pairs of Alden's now. Quality is phenomenal.

Last edited:

tps3443

Reaction score
I was concerned with not getting a perfect pair, I know that a 360 degree welt seam can sometimes be really messed up on Alden's.

I was surprised that mine are both perfect. I have seen some sole stitching that went over the edge of the sole on Google photos lol.

I don't care for defective shoes much, it's not very fun. I'm still waiting on my Wolverine 1000 miles to come back from Wolverine. The first pair had such severe loose grain creasing , it looked like a body builders veins during a competition.

Last edited:

warriortree

Reaction score
I am sure they will not be my last pair of Alden,s

79f5fcac0a24b966b3f554f9926fa98e.jpg

Is Also my first pair of cordovan shoes and they are difficult to break , but even the wrinkle is nice

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

andiandi

Reaction score

fdf59a8ae7b88a6e48ea2a01798de04d.jpg

874e441beb90c4f42e63e36516c74acf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Boots, don!
I ordered the Same pair. But unfortunately they seem to be a Little bit to tight/short.
Wheres your big toe in terms of lengh, or how much space do you have left in the tip?
Im really confused if I should give it a try or send am back for a .5 longer pair...

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was concerned with not getting a perfect pair, I know that a 360 degree welt seam can sometimes be really messed up on Alden's.

I was surprised that mine are both perfect. I have seen some sole stitching that went over the edge of the sole on Google photos lol.

I don't care for defective shoes much, it's not very fun. I'm still waiting on my Wolverine 1000 miles to come back from Wolverine. The first pair had such severe loose grain creasing , it looked like a body builders veins during a competition.

I'll say this: Machines stitch and glue very well and with incredible consistency. People working by hand in a fairly high-volume process are variable. If you expect people to be machines, you're going to be highly disappointed by AE, Alden and all of the similar brands. There's certainly a line, and I get the "at this prices the things should be perfect" mentality, but I try to take the view that a lot of the variability some people would call defects are the hallmark of the hand-made, old-school process that generates the shoes. That doesn't mean you should be a sucker for something that isn't right. I've sent back a couple pairs of AE's for defects, and the customer service experience was outstanding. When I had a defective pair of Nike's it was terrible. However, at the end of the day, to expect absolute perfection means getting a shoemaker to do it the slow, truly old-fashioned way - and pay big bucks for it.

My $0.02

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Boots, don!
I ordered the Same pair. But unfortunately they seem to be a Little bit to tight/short.
Wheres your big toe in terms of lengh, or how much space do you have left in the tip?
Im really confused if I should give it a try or send am back for a .5 longer pair...
I go up .5 on Grant from my Barrie so these fit fine for me..

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LS Choco Tanker
0f20a79688df77903b6c5a080ef616d5.jpg

58f2e3a8bcd1778ca5825eae9852b243.jpg

d4a3c0e4006fd51505d4e5d10a54559b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpina

Reaction score
Alden for Epaulet, Michigan Innsbruck boot. Chromexcel brown horween leather, in size 11.5 on the van last. I am glad I did not go 11 " A full size down" the fit is amazing! I bought these first quality Alden Michigan boots from Mike at Epaulet.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. It is dark out, and I do not have a decent camera.

Man do I love these Alden's!

That's what I call a TPS report.

gilby

Reaction score
In the never ending quest to nail down my sizing I've rolled the dice again. Thought I would try a plaza 11E, I'm generally an 11.5d in the plaza.
Placed a call to Yenni and she happened to have this Plaza WTB in an 11E. After an initial try on I think they'll work well. I love the slightly
wider look of the toe box. As usual Yenni was a pleasure to work with.

Sometimes it pays to make that phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads