• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I remembered. Got them awhile ago and they were sitting in a shoe box in the garage. Sorry.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting involved in the Shell game comes with a bit of frustration I'm finding. My wants aren't huge - just a few pairs here and there over time. It seems my wants are more on the MTO side though. Any thoughts on whether it is at all likely that any of the following will be accessible in the near future on a double sole in either Barrie or Trubalance in 9D?

Indy Boot - Cigar (my #1 pick!)
Indy Boot - color 8 w/ antique edge
Chukka Boot - Cigar
Chukka boot - color 8 w/ antique edge

I'm on a wait-list with AoM for color 8 PTB with antique edge and I don't think I'll have to wait more than 2-3 months for those to be available. And I'm hoping for some color 8 or (or maybe black) Indy's on the next 2nd's list, and I can antique the edges myself (but not the welt
angry.gif
).

I have a 9D Barrie Cigar Shell Chukka Boot I may consider selling. If you're seriously interested, PM me what you feel they're worth and I'll provide pictures if we're within range.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cigar LWBs. Looks like I missed some bloom on the tongue.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If my one pair of AE was actually worth selling, I would. For what I paid and what I'd get I might as well keep them and wear them once every other year like I do now. LOL

Edit: Dunno...maybe I should see what I can get for them... they are shell after all.

Didn't you MTO like 3 cappuccino pairs a few years back? I'm sure those could fetch a few bucks these days.

larryr

Reaction score

I have some new shell shoes coming tomorrow and I am wondering what break-in advice experienced shell wearers can offer? I know to wear them on carpet only to test the fit, but at some point they have to get out in the world. Should they be worn straight out of the box or should they prepped in some way? My other shell shoes were already broken in when I bought them, so this will be a new experience for me.

Don't over think it, wear away. Great part about shell is they need very basic care

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Didn't you MTO like 3 cappuccino pairs a few years back? I'm sure those could fetch a few bucks these days.

Those are long gone. Never wore them. Returned one pair as the shell quality was terrible.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hot diggity dog, those look superb in action DV! Can't wait to get mine rolling!
thank you mayor.
Whiskey Wednesday!!! Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Indy Boot. Pantherella Navy Socks. Epaulet Navy Lambswool Flannel Walt Trousers.

great indys, sweet combo with the blues.
Their first wear out...
wow! i finally wore mine this week as well.
Don't wait. Call 8.

killing it sazon

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking for some 11 eee in Hampton last, shell or calf. Or a slightly smaller PTB in Barrie last. Send me a PM if you find one of thee just taking up too much spac in the closet.

TommyB

Reaction score
Sort of off topic but maybe not completely for some of you. http://hbx.com has 20% off with code SU20 for those interested in Chup socks. $16 after discount. Just bought six pairs myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads