1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

anyone on the States side offer in calf?

edit: if anyone is interested, union made has the tassel loafers on Copley though only in suede

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Looking stellar BK! Love the Color 8 Wingtips. +1 for the Plaza Last.

Those are looking very good. The color of those are looking very lovely!

Don, those Color 8 Medallion Cap Toe Boots are looking just stellar. Looks great with your slacks.

Those are a great casual makeup. An interesting combination of a casual material with a formal pattern.

Congrats on your sons graduation, that is terrific! Hope that he has the best future! Looking good in your LWBs. Those are a lovely looking pair and have a great color on them!

Looking great Don! I just got a pair myself this week, totally forgot that I ordered it from Alden Madison. I hope to get my pair photographed and out this week!

Canada, those LWBs are looking great, but those Epaulet slacks steal the show!

Chippy, looking comfy in your Black Shell LHSes from Brooks! Hope that you are keeping comfy!

Don, those Ravello CT Boots are just superb. They look fantastic and have a great shine!

Those are just stellar JR! Take note @tifosi ! That could be you!

Those shoes are looking very good. Do you need the support of the modified? Just curious...

Those new Indy boots are pretty cool. Enjoy them!

Those look pretty good sir!

Those are superb looking in addition to being soft. I hope that you enjoy them!

Those Whiskey Wingtip Boots are looking absolutely stellar! Hope that you enjoyed them!

Those are tolerable JD! ;-) Hope that you had a good week bro!

Those are just classy. Great choice in shoes, hope that you enjoyed them today! The Hampton is a great last.

Those Alden 986's are looking superb, I hope that you get good use out of those loafers.

Drew, your Mocc toes are looking superb. A great summer makeup!

I say that you have made a good transition! ;-)

Those are a fantastic makeup, and a lovely color! I think that you did well picking those up!

Congrats Chippy on your new Tan Suede LHSes. I hope that they are taking good care of you in the summer heat.

Very nice Henry! Hope that you had a great event!!! I am not going to lie, when I saw this line in the preview last night, I was really hoping to see the inaugural posting of the Alden Patent Leather Plaza PTB.

Those Whiskey LWBs are tolerable, barely. ;-) Hope that you are having a good start to your summer Repp! Good to see you, your lawn, and your shoes here!

Hah, it never really gets too warm or cold for boots or shoes in SD... :) Looking good in your bluchers.

Looking great Larry in your Whiskey LWBs. Its a great pairing with the Olive Khakis.

Alici, I vote for Color 8 NST Boot on Plaza. :)

-Mike

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  3. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Frankly, if I am going to wear a T-Shirt, I am going to be wearing my Nikes or Flip-Flops.

With Alden's, I usually go Polo or Button Down. I do tend to wear a lot of Polo shirts on the nights and weekends here.

-Mike

4. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Literally, my past week in shoes. Sorry for the non-Alden's but I will completely spoiler them.

Last Thursday. Allen Edmonds Cappuccino Shell Cordovan Wingtips. Epaulet Silver Shadow Merino Wool Windowpane Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last Friday. Alden x Leffot Snuff Suede Wingtip Boot on Plaza Last. Epaulet Caramel Duck Canvas Rivet Chinos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last Sunday. Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan LHS. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Monday. Alden x JCrew Brassvello LWBs. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Epaulet REDA Indigo Variegated Cross-Hatch Wool Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Tuesday. Alden x Brooks Bros Black Shell Cordovan Wingtip Balmorals. Marcoliani Black Argyles OTC. Epaulet Charcoal Houndtooth Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Wednesday. Allen Edmonds Natural Shell Cordovan "Strand" Semi-Brogue Balmorals. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Epaulet x Southwick Navy Check Barberis Slacks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Thursday. Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Full-Strap Loafers. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Houndstooth Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Casual Friday. Alden x Leffot Snuff Suede Wingtip Boot on Plaza Last. Gustin Tan Selvedge Chinos. (Yeah, I forgot that I wore them last week apparently).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suede Saturday. Alden Navy Suede LWBs with Brass Eyelets. JCrew Blue Polka Dot Socks. Gustin Tan Selvedge Chinos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leisure Sunday. Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan LHS. JCrew Loafer Socks. LBM Linen-Blend Khakis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

8 people like this.
  5. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

And... I am caught up!!! :-D

6. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Hey Crew.. I can't remember if insoles and welts are replaced with Alden Recrafting.. I've used them years ago and was pleased but cannot remember if insoles were replaced or not. Thanks...

7. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

I think the answer to that question is that "it depends" on the status of the shoes and what they need.

-Mike

8. JayDotz

JayDotz Senior member

I don't wear shorts but I'll wear anything with jeans and a tshirt. I know I'm in the minority here but it doesn't matter to me. I like nice shoes and can wear whatever I want to work. I'll wear Color 8 lwbs, whiskey saddles, cigar ptbs etc.with jeans/tshirt. I do it all the time.

I know it's not technically correct but I'm just dressing how I want.

2 people like this.
  9. sazon

sazon Senior member

i'd say its gotta be a color 8 shell nst boot!

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm inclined to agree....as I impatiently wait for mine from AoM.

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Color 8
    NST or WT boot, dark edges.
    Plaza last would be my choice.

1 person likes this.
  12. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

not really the support per se, but the narrow waist and high heel cup is a big plus. i have a narrow heel/normal width forefoot and it just so happens this in one of the few alden shoe models/lasts that i can make work. although i didn't go out searching specifically for the modified, just had the chance to go into anatomica on my honeymoon a few years ago and got fitted and they had my size.

13. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

Anyone interested in getting the Leffot color 8 Naval boot in a 10.5D Barrie? Last year's order just came in and I've decided to not purchase. You would be paying me $140 to take over my spot at Leffot. Full cost is $725, so you'd pay Leffot the balance. To be clear, the boots are in, you would get them quickly, and they only come around 1-2 times a year.

PM me if interested...

14. Don L

Don L Senior member

Agree with this

15. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I am trying to decide between 2 new boots from Leffot, the natural CXL wingtip and the color 8 naval boot.

Although I don't have a natural CXL boot, I do have natural CXL longwings and brown CXL nst boots. Also have snuff shortwing boots on plaza and reverse chamois shortwing boots.

I don't have a color 8 boot, but do have color 8 tassels and monks. Also have cigar captoe boots from DC and have color 8 NST boots on plaza on preorder.

Thoughts?

16. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Been lurking for a while now, so I apologize for coming out of the woods to chime in. In any event, I just grabbed the natural CXL wingtips. I love those especially with the commando sole. I like both, but I always lean to lighter colors of leather and more casual boots. I've also never been a huge fan of color 8/burgundy. That's blasphemy I know haha!

17. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I kind of feel the same way.....when I wear boots, it is typically more casual with jeans/chinos.

To be honest, I did not know I was on the preorder for the naval boots. I had emailed about them, but never heard back until I got the email Friday.

Part of me feels that I should have at least one color 8 boot, but I do have the NST coming sometime down the line.

18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Too hot for boots? Probably, but I am indoors all day today. Cigar CT from AoM (Barrie)...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  19. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I would go with the natty cxl since you have a color 8 nst coming. That's an awesome color 8 boot and covers you there and you can sell the other(s) in color 8. JMO.

20. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

Hi guys, first time posting in this thread.

I just picked up my first pair of shell Aldens and wanted to ask your opinion on their condition. Both shoes are pretty uneven in color and they both have what looks like dye stains on the lining and sole. Is that normal? Never seen anything like it. They are also way more purple than my other color 8 shoes that are more red/black-ish.

Got them for a good price on eBay so I don't mind the stains, just wondering if I managed to buy home dyed fake Aldens or something..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.