1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhcam8

jhcam8 Distinguished Member

Cool - just ordered.

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

@shunted22 congrats on an excellent acquisition! Not sure you can have multiple "quintessential" examples, by definition! [​IMG]

4. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

You mean the "zennyboot"

Thank you sir for setting this up.

5. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

I would add the unlined shell penny that Brooks sells. [​IMG]

6. MT1982

MT1982 Senior Member

Aside from the obvious all eyelets vs. eyelets + speedhooks... what's the difference between these and the LeatherSoul model?

7. gatszu

gatszu Senior Member

Received my TSM #8 40752 on the Barrie Last. I like the fit and antique edge. There are 3 problems that I am aware of: cap toe on right boot is misaligned, one hole on the heel of each boot, and a laceration on the left boot at a non stressed area at the ankle. Are these problems deal breakers??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

8. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

The tacking holes in the heel are normal. Usually they are better hidden by the heel strip, but not always. Are those the Supply & Advise Barrie PCTs?

9. gatszu

gatszu Senior Member

10. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

11. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior Member

As said above, the heel "holes" are normal. I would have never seen the PCT... still can't tell from your pics.

The spot on the side is the only piece I think is what would qualify as a blemish and a small one at that.

You got a smokin' deal on a beautiful boot with barely anything wrong from the pics.

Nice boots!

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

Does anyone know anything about the next snuff wingtip boot preorder from epaulet?

13. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior Member

My turn to play "spot the error" because I can't really find one... Whiskey NST boot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last photo is a comparison shot to a ravello NST boot on Aberdeen.

The photo from the rear looks like one of the boots is slanted but that's not the case. I truly can't tell what's wrong with the boots. Some minor scratches and marks but this is whiskey shell... it's not going to be flawless.

I feel like I lucked out.

14. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior Member

Thanks man, couldn't do it with out everyone that participated!

Awesome, enjoy them Andy!

AoM actually ordered a seperates run of standard sizes, so call them and they might have your size, or at least take your name down if those didn't land yet.

Great memory, these are suppose to have the 'Indy stitch'. It looks like Alden removed it as part of their stylistic edit. I think that stitch would added more interest to the boot, but oh well. It turned out quite nice so I can't complain.

Haha! Thanks for participating!

LS has split reversed welt, these are flat welt. I think flat welt gives the boots a cleaner look, some prime example are Epaulet's Brixton boots and Leffot's Naval boots. Other difference, which did not make it to the final product, was an Indy stitch.

Dan

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

All, too many good things here, but don't have the time or patience tonight to compliment everyone here. Handcuffed, you got ridiculously lucky. You should buy a lottery ticket. Swils, welcome to the club and the thread. Hope that you enjoy your new fine footwear! Someone did an amazing job brushing some Color 8 Tassels and DonL reminded me why I want the Brooks version. As for the quintessential Alden, I think most have agreed that it is the 975 (Color 8 LWB). The close runner ups are the Classic Indy Boot, Tassel Loafer which Alden invented, the Unlined LHS, and probably the NST which Alden does soo well. There are clearly many fine shoes to choose from though. Fal, from those pics, I would keep the Whiskey PTBs. And MrV, if I saw a janitor wearing Alden Whiskey PTB, I would be quite surprised and compliment his taste. ZP, I am excited about my Zennyboots. Michigan, Cabrillo National Monument is beautiful and likely is the best view of San Diego. It's also fun to go down to the Tidepools down the hill, but make sure you go at low tide. I forgot to check that when we went there, which was a bummer, especially considering the previous time I went was an ultra low tide and you could walk almost a half mile out from where the high tide was. That was amazing. Cheers and Happy Tuesday! -Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.