• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Shower Clean Suit

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Bros poplin suits were (are?) machine washable.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some suits are machine washable and they're pants...
The only MW suit i had was a cotton summer suit from some obscure brand...Was great when I was travelling...
For lighter summer suits ,I can see the point on pure economics but the rest...

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I'm still on a quest to find hand washable suits for the summer

I may be able to help you with that sooner or later
devil.gif

Originally Posted by bowtielover
If it is truely washable withotu shrinkage it probably is a very low quality material.

Not necessarily, although I believe most washable suits have some poly to help control the wrinkling. I think that machine washable summer suits make a lot of sense. Weren't the original seersuckers essentially washable, albeit pre-electric machine?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I may be able to help you with that sooner or later
devil.gif

Not necessarily, although I believe most washable suits have some poly to help control the wrinkling. I think that machine washable summer suits make a lot of sense. Weren't the original seersuckers essentially washable, albeit pre-electric machine?

Yeah it's wool poly blend.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a BB sack in washable poly-wool right now.

They made them for years, but not anymore.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
I'm selling a BB sack in washable poly-wool right now.

They made them for years, but not anymore.

Not any more, that's because they're shite house, or so it seems?

Really not trying to put you or your suit down, but anybody even slightly interested in looking good in a suit would avoid these things like a clown at a kids party. From my brief exposure I think they look and feel terrible new, so I can only imagine how bad they would be after a few showers??

Anyway how does the wash and wear suit jibe with the ongoing post about suit care/ironing? (super post by the way) be uuuuber careful or you'll ruin the shape drape waist whatever of your suit?

Really if you can get a nice suit that stands up to shower spray where does that leave the "only steam gently and use a sleeve board or you'll ruin your suit" guys ?

Serious questions by the way. Guru level guys please give us your thoughts, hopefully not inluenced by the sugoi level of your own wardrobe.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing hundreds of hours from some of our best advertising minds went into devising the incredibly clever name Men's Wearhouse and then no one got it. I iz sad.
frown.gif

sii1981

Reaction score
i can see it now, rows of Japanese salary men sitting side by side showering their suits in a public bath house, then walking home drenched.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Weren't the original seersuckers essentially washable, albeit pre-electric machine?

I think that Haspels early 60s poplin suits were sold as machine washable "drip dry".

jmark

Reaction score
Konaka is basically crap, so I wouldn't be thinking too seriously about these.

jmark

jmark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnD356
Easily my favorite ad of the year. "No Ironed" was the best bit of English.

Originally Posted by Fang66
The pharmacy near me sells

"Drug Cosmetic and Flagrance"
laugh.gif

Maybe they should refer to the following for some tips on how to sound more natural in English. Grammatically sound, but unfortunately a bit phonetically challenged, it nonetheless offers clear explanations in Japanese about how and when to use the target phrases. Aimed more at girls, but I guess guys could find some of them useful also.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/05...se-girls-nsfw/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads