• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Menswear2021

Reaction score
I liked the new F/W tailoring immediately but after a few days, then looking at it again, I like it even better. I love the subtlety in the fabrics—a gun club, but in muted colors; the bark herringbone looks incredibly versatile; the green with windowpane would wear so well with tons of things. I ordered the gray herringbone jacket this morning (latest exchange rate made it sub-$400 so I went for it), but boy are the rest tempting too.
Couldnt agree more. In love with the cotton drills

Menswear2021

Reaction score
When you buy RTW from a brand you've never tried before, there are bad and good surprises. I bought the winter cottons Natalino released last week and I can testify it's an excellent surprise, certainly the best fit trousers I've ever ordered, not far from a bespoke fit. Of course there is a part of chance linked to my body but it is the first time that I won't have to make any alteration, not even in length. FYI Natalino displays a weight of 400 gr/m for the Brisbane Moss brushed cotton but it's the weight per square meter and it's definitely heavier in linear meter (580/600 gr), a very goods news for a winter pair.

View attachment 1826086
THis is cream?

mbb355

Reaction score
I liked the new F/W tailoring immediately but after a few days, then looking at it again, I like it even better. I love the subtlety in the fabrics—a gun club, but in muted colors; the bark herringbone looks incredibly versatile; the green with windowpane would wear so well with tons of things. I ordered the gray herringbone jacket this morning (latest exchange rate made it sub-$400 so I went for it), but boy are the rest tempting too.
Fully agree. Love the dark green windowpane and the bark herringbone in particular.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I also like a lot of the new offerings. Unfortunately I have enough jackets for the moment (and even if I wanted to swap one, reselling options are very limited in Italy, people just don't really value second hand goods).
I am mostly on the eternal look for trousers that fit me with minimal alterations, but again it seems the fit for dress trousers is the same as before.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you compare Natalino jackets to Cavour in terms of fit? Looking to snag the taupe wool/cashmere but that gorge seems quite high. Not sure about the shape of the patch pockets either.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Took the plunge and got the taupe cashmere/wool mix jacket. I'd be really grateful for some critical opinions on a couple of points as I'm still not sure if I should keep it.

1) The shoulders are quite extended, especially in comparison with Cavour. I have a slight drop in my left shoulder which results in the effect below:

Left/Right shoulders
IMG_6808.JPEG
IMG_6810.JPEG

It's obviously not ideal but less noticeable from further away and while I'm moving about. The jacket is a perfect fit elsewhere, especially on the back and collar so I'm maybe okay to live with this - however, any opinions welcome.

2) I'm finding the taupe colour difficult to pair with mid to light greys. Could I get your opinion on whether the contrast with the trousers in the photo below is adequate? These are Drapers 4-ply mid grey. It goes perfectly with charcoal but the versatility of the jacket to me would be quite compromised if I can only wear it with charcoal trousers (come to think of it, dark brown would go quite well but I don't have any). Might work a bit better with a light blue shirt though - as a tonal kind of combo.

IMG_6820.JPEG
IMG_6816.JPEG

Viatu

Reaction score
Taupe is a neutral so you have plenty of possibilities. Some shades of brown, cream or off-white, navy blue, powder blue and green colored trousers and/or shirts would all serve you well. And, your jacket looks fine with the grey trousers.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you compare Natalino jackets to Cavour in terms of fit? Looking to snag the taupe wool/cashmere but that gorge seems quite high. Not sure about the shape of the patch pockets either.
My gray herringbone arrives today. I'll try it and maybe snap a couple photos to compare for you later.
I love my Cavour jacket, but I prefer the extended shoulder of Natalino's, generally speaking; it's more flattering. However the length was an issue for me on Natalino in the past. I'm hoping the new factory and pattern tweaks have fixed that.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gray herringbone arrives today. I'll try it and maybe snap a couple photos to compare for you later.
I love my Cavour jacket, but I prefer the extended shoulder of Natalino's, generally speaking; it's more flattering. However the length was an issue for me on Natalino in the past. I'm hoping the new factory and pattern tweaks have fixed that.
I jumped the gun - mine arrived today, I've posted some pictures above. The length is fine IMO, the gorge is ever so slightly higher than Cavour. I still think the pattern on Cavour jackets is more balanced.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I jumped the gun - mine arrived today, I've posted some pictures above. The length is fine IMO, the gorge is ever so slightly higher than Cavour. I still think the pattern on Cavour jackets is more balanced.
Oh haha I saw that but was processing posts one at a time in my brain.
As for your jacket, I almost wonder if a size down would work on you.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh haha I saw that but was processing posts one at a time in my brain.
As for your jacket, I almost wonder if a size down would work on you.
Maybe it would work better on the shoulders but the back, chest and waist would be too tight. They're spot on now.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok it's hard to tell from pics. I would be interested in seeing it vs your Cavour jackets.

Cavour:
IMG_6826.JPEG

Natalino:
IMG_6808.JPEG

Apart from the difference in the shoulders, the lapels on the Cavour jacket are more restrained with a slightly lower gorge. The fit throughout the body feels the same but the sleeves on the Cavour jacket are fuller which suits the rest of the jacket better I feel.

On balance, I think I'll be returning the Natalino jacket - it is nice but there is one too many issues with it on my body. Main one being the shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads