• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Jay Leno Show

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh. It was exactly what I expected, a slightly repackaged Leno "Tonight Show." Vanilla and predictable, enlivened a bit by Seinfeld and the good fortune of having booked Kanye.

Thoughts:

Who picked glowing red for a primary background color? I wondered if that was to keep people awake for the local news broadcasts.

The theme song might as well have been muzak.

Thought Jay's monologue could have used a little more introduction to the program. He launched into his bog-standard monologue quickly, and I found myself wondering what was coming next instead of focusing on what he had to say.

Nice to see Jerry in the peak lapels.

Overall, my impression was that I'd seen it before and that I don't need to see it again. Admittedly, I was no great fan of Jay's "Tonight Show," so I was unlikely to love this. But I don't see myself tuning in for night two.

Artigas

Reaction score
Of course, it seems much of the SF crowd find Conan O'Brien (relatively boring, methinks) to be funny, and can't stand Jimmy Kimmel (best on TV, IMO), so my tastes in comedy are probably not the norm.

Nice to see Jerry in the peak lapels.
The waistcoat was a nice touch, but the saggy, pre-tied bowtie was unsightly.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My biggest question surrounding this show is:

What are they doing to Law and Order? Are they all moved to 9pm now?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
will not watch on a regular basis

boring and stale, would rather re-watch Gossip Girl on tivo

That's actually what happened to me. Saw the Kanye bit, Rihanna sounding awful (not looking great either) and then it was the DVR'd episode of Gossip Girl for the girlfriend. I left after 10 minutes to get ready for today...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
rihanna can't sing for ****.

+ 1 million. I can't stand her, Biance or Shakira. They are all horrible in their own, special way. I was never a huge JZ fan, but I am certainly liking him a lot more these days. He's proven time and time again he has skills.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
will not watch on a regular basis

boring and stale, would rather re-watch Gossip Girl on tivo

Seriously. I was thinking, you're going to do this **** 5 days a week? I think once or twice is more than sufficient - something like Monday to cover weekend news, and Thurs. or Friday night to cover the week.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of talk shows, the "hosts" always seem to bore me to death and I can't understand their appeal/popularity (Leno/Letterman). I do like Conan though.

mrburnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
My biggest question surrounding this show is:

What are they doing to Law and Order? Are they all moved to 9pm now?

would like to know as well. i think stabler's done in SVU this year.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I never understood the appeal of talk shows, the "hosts" always seem to bore me to death and I can't understand their appeal/popularity (Leno/Letterman). I do like Conan though.
There was a time when they were 90 minutes long and hosted by smart adults with three guests who stayed for the entire show to converse with the host and each other. The guests weren't there to plug a movie/album/book or apologise for being an asshole, they just wanted to hang out with the host. lefty

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Michael Moore.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, jim norton hit it out of the park with his new segment "uninvited guest." glad they really picked a segment for him to highlight his talents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads