• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Phphl, do you know which tailor shops in hk use english canvas as default?
I doubt db (and most tailor shops in hk) would use rjw canvas as default. Other members may wish to clarify.

I think DB default is RJW canvas, but you better ask Ricky

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think DB default is RJW canvas, but you better ask Ricky

I have clarify the canvass origin with Ricky about two days ago. Before I see this post, I have been tipped by a close friend on the same matter.

Although He did not tell me the origin of their default canvass, but canvass from RichardJamesWeldon cost HK$200 extra in each coat. Perhaps Ricky has made a 'special default' for you.

He kept silent on whether RJW canvass will be used on the waistcoat, I presumed he will. I shall ask him upon baste fitting.

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have clarify the canvass origin with Ricky about two days ago. Before I see this post, I have been tipped by a close friend on the same matter.

Although He did not tell me the origin of their default canvass, but canvass from RichardJamesWeldon cost HK$200 extra in each coat. Perhaps Ricky has made a 'special default' for you.

He kept silent on whether RJW canvass will be used on the waistcoat, I presumed he will. I shall ask him upon baste fitting.

What canvass brand does Tailor Hui use for your previous orders?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What canvass brand does Tailor Hui use for your previous orders?

I have no idea. They have around 10 different canvasses as far as I know. The one Hui uses on mine feels stiff and English-like.

I will ask him on that point.

Last edited:

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Phphl, do you know which tailor shops in hk use english canvas as default?
I doubt db (and most tailor shops in hk) would use rjw canvas as default. Other members may wish to clarify.

Does anybody know which brand of canvass is Tai Pan Row use as default?

mousefifth

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm newbie here but I'm senior member from HK local forum. I have just registered. The reason why I especially registered is because I wanna tell you guys more about Classic Car.

He repeatedly emphasized here that he is independent of the tailor in his shop. However, most people from that local forum realized that he has been earning commission from that tailor. He has been kicked out of that local forum already because many people felt disgused with his behaviour. Then he has been using different false accounts from time to time. Now he set up this workshop with that tailor officically but pretending to be independent. I am sure many members here and in local forum have received his pm, promoting his workshop tailor. It is not only a shameful business promtion skill, but also a seirous personal intergrity problem.

To be honest, some people may feel ok even if he earns commission. But in my opinion, it is also a rip off. That tailor is just charging 4K CMT, which is significantly much more than normal workshop price. The obvious reason of the difference is because Classic Car needs to earn the commission but claimed doing nothing to do with it. Remember, there is no decoration, no service in such a lousy district. You may get nothing once the tailor ran away. While Dreambespoke is located in prime area, with good decoration and professional service, they are charging just the same price. I can comment the craftsmanship of DreamBespoke is even better. Thus, for me, the charging of Classic Car's so called "workshop" is so unreasonable.

Im not hoping all members here would trust me. But if you have doubt, please ask any senior members in that forum. They will tell you the same.

There are so many good tailors in HK that worth to be discussed here. However, after Classic Car has started his workshop, he has been posting many messages here to explicitly or implicitly promote it. This post has been hijacked by him already!!!

Classic Car, please stop this shameful skill!

Last edited:

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, I brought my own canvas to DB :)

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hi All,

I'm newbie here but I'm senior member from HK local forum. I have just registered. The reason why I especially registered is because I wanna tell you guys more about Classic Car.

He repeatedly emphasized here that he is independent of the tailor in his shop. However, most people from that local forum realized that he has been earning commission from that tailor. He has been kicked out of that local forum already because many people felt disgused with his behaviour. Then he has been using different false accounts from time to time.  Now he set up this workshop with that tailor officically but pretending to be independent. I am sure many members here and in local forum have received his pm, promoting his workshop tailor. It is not only a shameful business promtion skill, but also a seirous personal intergrity problem.  

To be honest, some people may feel ok even if he earns commission. But in my opinion, it is also a rip off. That tailor is just charging 4K CMT, which is significantly much more than normal workshop price. The obvious reason of the difference is because Classic Car needs to earn the commission but claimed doing nothing to do with it. Remember, there is no decoration, no service in such a lousy district. You may get nothing once the tailor ran away. While Dreambespoke is located in prime area, with good decoration and professional service, they are charging just the same price. I can comment the craftsmanship of DreamBespoke is even better. Thus, for me, the charging of Classic Car's so called "workshop" is so unreasonable.  

Im not hoping all members here would trust me. But if you have doubt, please ask any senior members in that forum. They will tell you the same.  

There are so many good tailors in HK that worth to be discussed here. However, after Classic Car has started his workshop, he has been posting many messages here to explicitly or implicitly promote it. This post has been hijacked by him already!!!

Classic Car, please stop this shameful skill!

Haha, you groups of guys keep on promoting Harrison and Dream Bespoke in here and hk discuss forum but kick me hard for promoting Lai sifu.

It is O.K., I am alone and cannot fight with you in groups.

People who loves Tailor Lai craftmanship, please go to Peter Lee as he is still sub-contract to Tailor Lai .

As a maximum, I just let my upstair vacant.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saying Classic car had been promoting Lai sifu is so overkill. I don't even think car had posted a single picture of Lai's craftsmanship.

APHK

Reaction score

Hi All,

He repeatedly emphasized here that he is independent of the tailor in his shop. However, most people from that local forum realized that he has been earning commission from that tailor. He has been kicked out of that local forum already because many people felt disgused with his behaviour. Then he has been using different false accounts from time to time.  Now he set up this workshop with that tailor officically but pretending to be independent. I am sure many members here and in local forum have received his pm, promoting his workshop tailor. It is not only a shameful business promtion skill, but also a seirous personal intergrity problem.  

To be honest, some people may feel ok even if he earns commission. But in my opinion, it is also a rip off. That tailor is just charging 4K CMT, which is significantly much more than normal workshop price. The obvious reason of the difference is because Classic Car needs to earn the commission but claimed doing nothing to do with it. Remember, there is no decoration, no service in such a lousy district. You may get nothing once the tailor ran away. While Dreambespoke is located in prime area, with good decoration and professional service, they are charging just the same price. I can comment the craftsmanship of DreamBespoke is even better. Thus, for me, the charging of Classic Car's so called "workshop" is so unreasonable.  

Im not hoping all members here would trust me. But if you have doubt, please ask any senior members in that forum. They will tell you the same.  

There are so many good tailors in HK that worth to be discussed here. However, after Classic Car has started his workshop, he has been posting many messages here to explicitly or implicitly promote it. This post has been hijacked by him already!!!

Classic Car, please stop this shameful skill!

Wow. Such a long post about nothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads