• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thesupremegrape

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Royal Tailors in central? They have quite cheap fully-canvassed suits, which they claim is made in HK. Their online reviews are quite good, but when I look at some of the photos online, they look quite boxy in fit.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Brown’s Tailor
pants in Loro Piana wool silk linen

9C303E25-94DC-4715-99C3-0115F258E182.jpeg

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Second order from the Shovel in Sheung Wan.
Irish linen - around 1.2k - 1 fitting.

Trousers_front.jpeg

Trousers_side.jpeg

The second pair I had made in the same order was a grey fresco and I'm pretty happy with the result. The fit is pretty consistent in both.

I previously ordered two of their in-house cotton trousers with similar results. I just asked to make them about 3/4" higher rise than these which I now regret.

The only real issue I have with the trousers pictured is the front pockets are not fully flat. You see it clearly it in the second picture. Although I had the same problem with much more expensive tailors in London, so not a deal breaker for me. Still, I hope they'll be able to fix it with next order. So far they have been great in accommodating my requests.

The make is good but material used for functional parts (like the pockets' lining and buttons) are pretty cheap. But something to be expected at this price point I guess.

On a side note, does anyone have suggestions on where to buy cheap wooden shoe trees? I used to get cedar ones for 15 pounds (~150HKD) on amazon but with the current shipping costs they are not worth it.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1424348
View attachment 1424349

The second pair I had made in the same order was a grey fresco and I'm pretty happy with the result. The fit is pretty consistent in both.

I previously ordered two of their in-house cotton trousers with similar results. I just asked to make them about 3/4" higher rise than these which I now regret.

The only real issue I have with the trousers pictured is the front pockets are not fully flat. You see it clearly it in the second picture. Although I had the same problem with much more expensive tailors in London, so not a deal breaker for me. Still, I hope they'll be able to fix it with next order. So far they have been great in accommodating my requests.

The make is good but material used for functional parts (like the pockets' lining and buttons) are pretty cheap. But something to be expected at this price point I guess.

On a side note, does anyone have suggestions on where to buy cheap wooden shoe trees? I used to get cedar ones for 15 pounds (~150HKD) on amazon but with the current shipping costs they are not worth it.
taobao is your best friend.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for something IRL but I'll check taobao too, thank you.
I was walking around MUJI in Tokyo the other day and saw shoe trees for sale (shaped like the lasted ones, looked quite premium). I think it was around 2500 yen or 23 USD. You could try walking into a MUJI in HK to see if they have any in stock.

Nara_Deer

Reaction score
Very nice pair of pants at this price point. Do you know which brand do they get the linen from, and the weight? It seems to drape quite well. And does it still look sharp after some wear? I guess they ironed the pants to absolute perfection before taking those two photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics