• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other tailor work for Royal Army was Ah Lee Tailor at Shek Kong San Tsuen, Yuen Long Pat Heung.
But I don't know do they still stay in business.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is he good? The youtube clip I saw Yuen said he does all his suits himself and does not fuse them.

My tux was not fused. He cut all his suits, you always see him cutting when you pass by. I think he may have his own workshop do the coat making.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried out Yuen's tailor? Stumbled upon a youtube vid on them the other day.

http://www.yuenstailor.com/

I have just seen the video, His work sounds very promising. the tailoring must be quiet good if he can make a Napoleon army uniform.
Will give them a check next time. What is your verdict Fishball?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have just seen the video, His work sounds very promising. the tailoring must be quiet good if he can make a Napoleon army uniform.
Will give them a check next time. What is your verdict Fishball?

I think Yuen is a decent tailor.
If you seach from the forum, I think I recommend people to check it out few time.
They are not on the top, but they deliver what they promised at a reasonable price point.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Yuen is a decent tailor.
If you seach from the forum, I think I recommend people to check it out few time.
They are not on the top, but they deliver what they promised at a reasonable price point.

What is top? I always find such notion odd, since all tailors learn their trade differently.

Plus not all top tailors gives people top service, that's evidential in Savile row tailors.

Wongtouski

Reaction score

What is top? I always find such notion odd, since all tailors learn their trade differently.

Plus not all top tailors gives people top service, that's evidential in Savile row tailors.

I'm going to check em out this week. Yuen seems quite passionate about what he does, plus I'm hoping his prices are stupendous as well

I went to Lee Baron over the weekend and a CMT 3 piece is 6xxx, it's frankly too expensive.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I judge it by their product, not by their service.
I don't think it i s too diffcult to judge the product quality by looking at them closely.
First is the balance and cut, then the craftmanship.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I judge it by their product, not by their service.
I don't think it i s too diffcult to judge the product quality by looking at them closely.
First is the balance and cut, then the craftmanship.

.... I guess we have to meet up and chat.

p.s. The typical savile row service is worse than what I get in Hong Kong. Perhaps I am not a Knight or Baron here.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to check em out this week. Yuen seems quite passionate about what he does, plus I'm hoping his prices are stupendous as well

I went to Lee Baron over the weekend and a CMT 3 piece is 6xxx, it's frankly too expensive.

What then, pray, would not be too expensive? I mean, let's be honest, these are fully-canvassed prices. Let's say half of the price goes to overhead, margin, and things like the necessary haberdashery, and that it takes 10 hours to make a suit (and I think for a three-piece, it's more), that means you're paying 300 HKD per working hour. I'd be happy if I could get away paying my plumber that much.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But there are plenty of local tailors that is far better than Lee Baron, and charge the same.

Last edited:

Stiva

Reaction score
Dear 911

Unless it is a secret, I would be interested to learn which HK tailors are far better than Lee Baron but charge the same for a fully canvassed suit.

Regards
Stiva

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics