• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BigbigJohnny

Reaction score
Nice stuff! But the quarter open is a bit weird not natural ? I quite like this style but it is too hot for HK.
More Lai sifu x Schofield & Smith tweed, hard three button and single vent hacking jacket, with a Graly shirt made from Acorn fabrics Kendal turf blue tattersall check wool-cotton blend shirting. Tie, jeans and shoes are all I have to hand. If you look very closely you'll spot that I'm not actually in Hong Kong. The clues are: peaceful green countryside, 225 year old crumbling stone pillars and the fact that I'm wearing a 17 oz tweed jacket and wool-cotton blend shirt outside in June and not soaked in sweat. Also, the dog is free to run where he likes without a Filipino pouring water on his pee. The jacket in Lai's Sham Shui Po workshop

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good leather tailor HK please? I need alterations on a varsity with leather sleeves.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lai sifu is a Hong Kong staple when it comes to the art of tailorship. I found this out after bumping into him today along with a few other of his tailor cohorts. I guess it makes a man proud when he see's his work on his customers. (Fresco trousers).

Anyhow, I have something in the works and should be at a basted within the week. :nodding:

I don't even know that you bought my special run :D

baromatic

Reaction score
You certainly had your time in HK as it's true to say 17oz has never been worn in June in HK. And yes, the splashback of squirted water from a water bottle can make a very dangerous projectile become an even more hazardous mix of fluid ...I'm sure your dog would not mind tho, haha. :) I'll have to wait to wear my flannel, or just operate as a cold storage facility ice cutter. Either way, my 22 stitch per inch Royale Oxford will keep me sartorial. Great to see your photos.
More Lai sifu x Schofield & Smith tweed, hard three button and single vent hacking jacket, with a Graly shirt made from Acorn fabrics Kendal turf blue tattersall check wool-cotton blend shirting. Tie, jeans and shoes are all I have to hand. If you look very closely you'll spot that I'm not actually in Hong Kong. The clues are: peaceful green countryside, 225 year old crumbling stone pillars and the fact that I'm wearing a 17 oz tweed jacket and wool-cotton blend shirt outside in June and not soaked in sweat. Also, the dog is free to run where he likes without a Filipino pouring water on his pee. The jacket in Lai's Sham Shui Po workshop

Last edited:

hippotamus

Reaction score
More Lai sifu x Schofield & Smith tweed, hard three button and single vent hacking jacket, with a Graly shirt made from Acorn fabrics Kendal turf blue tattersall check wool-cotton blend shirting. Tie, jeans and shoes are all I have to hand.

If you look very closely you'll spot that I'm not actually in Hong Kong. The clues are: peaceful green countryside, 225 year old crumbling stone pillars and the fact that I'm wearing a 17 oz tweed jacket and wool-cotton blend shirt outside in June and not soaked in sweat. Also, the dog is free to run where he likes without a Filipino pouring water on his pee.

The jacket in Lai's Sham Shui Po workshop

The fit looks better than the previous stuff that was posted.
Yet, what style did you guys aim for ?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers, actually both the leather tailor and the fishball flannel.

@ fishball, I had a length being made up but I'm not sure if the jacket will be what I generally prefer (long story) and I may elect to have the jacket made again elsewhere.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers, actually both the leather tailor and the fishball flannel.

@ fishball, I had a length being made up but I'm not sure if the jacket will be what I generally prefer (long story) and I may elect to have the jacket made again elsewhere.

Whatsapp me if you need few yards for the jacket :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads