1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

How is the back of the jacket ? Clean ?

2. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Senior member

on me, yes. I've quite serious upper back pain problem and I think they addressed the body buildup issue of my back

3. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Thsnk you .

4. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Hi guys - might head up to Shenzhen for a short trip - any good recommendations for shirtmakers there? Tried one in Shanghai fabric markets before and they made decent copies of shirts for 180rmb - was hoping for something similar in quality and price in SZ, otherwise I will stick to Shanghai or HK. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  5. piacere

piacere New Member

You won't be able to find any good shirtmaker in Shenzhen although most HK tailor shops has been outsourcing their shirt marking process there. You should visit "The Firenze" or "Spear & Horse" if you look for good tailor shop in SZ.

6. hippotamus

hippotamus Senior member

Great turn around time, just maybe a slot slower than the Indian in the Kowloon side. [​IMG]

7. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

They can do faster if you have a good reason.

8. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Raja or Sam's can be faster but they are in different league .

9. GBR

GBR Senior member

Those two simply produce rags which are not worth wearing.

Sams' windows are plastered with pictures showing sundry notables who have been given suits as publicity tools all made in Chinese sweatshops despite the façade.

Raja again copious advertising - crap suits, glued together, also all made in Chinese sweatshops despite the façade.

A bespoke suit takes 70 hours of work to complete and that simply cannot be compressed into the windows of time they shout about.

10. Caesar

Caesar Active Member

Does anyone have an ascot chang referral code? I'm interested in making shirts there for the first time and wouldn't mind to share the discount.

11. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I thought the referral code/discount would only apply on their tour.

12. GBR

GBR Senior member

They will make the shirts for you, no need to go into the work room yourself.

They don't do such things as a "discount code". They are the top of the range shirt manufacturer and clients do not expect such things although established clients may have some benefits.

13. Caesar

Caesar Active Member

Alright, thanks for the responses.

14. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

I think AC is doing some kind of referral discount now, I saw a sign board at their shop last week, but I didn't know the details since I am not planning to do any referral

15. hst

hst Senior member

Yes, they are.

16. GBR

GBR Senior member

They have long done that but neither have I any plans to do so.

17. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Why ?

18. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I ended up going back to Peter to have some shirts made. The prices keep going up and the quality does not match. Too bad AC has gone up so much in cost; their shirts have held up very well for me.

I guess I'm still a man without a home; need to find something in the middle. No recent Chan reviews? Their prices also seem to have gone way up in recent years...

19. GBR

GBR Senior member

I am not a salesman

20. ShootClassic

ShootClassic New Member

I am sad to say that the way SF operates far worse than those local China forum. By suppressing freedom of speech, it only proves my point of how righteous I am regarding this SSP classic car. Not only he and his doctor friend wanted to monopolize Dugdale fabrics, but also wanted to control all the group buys. I am not taking sides, only speaks the truth, but his tailoring service provided are maintained at Temple Street's level. Of course this message will sure be silenced soon.