• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Shangara

Reaction score
If you have a more or less normal physique, Tailor 2 is very very good.

I have forward and unbalanced shoulders and an arched forward spine. Don’t think any tailor can make a wrinkleless suit for me.

kieren

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am back in HK, will be looking to get another suit, does anyone know where to purchase fabric for a suit. The only place I could find is KC lee & co however I don't think they do, VBC, Holland and Sherry etc

Thanks guys

Shangara

Reaction score
hey, did you finalise the suit? can you post the pictures of the final product? how was your overall experience working with Baotau No 1?

IMG_5252.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG
IMG_5256.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG
IMG_5262.JPG
IMG_5266-1.JPG
IMG_5268.JPG
IMG_5279.JPG

Shangara

Reaction score
Overall speaking, I am quite satisfied with the suit (especially when I compare the fabric quality and the fitting with ready-to-wear of similar price range).

But there are two areas for improvement:-
(1) I asked for black colour buttons, but the buttons for trousers became brown.
(2) I asked for inward pleats, but it has become outward instead.

I accepted as they were.

Shangara

Reaction score
Seldom see 6x1 nowadays, more in the 90's. But somehow, I think it looks good on me.

Also, I guess someone would think the lapel should be larger, though I believe the moderate size would be ok too.

Shangara

Reaction score
Further, I thought there should always be two button holes (one on each side) for double breasted. Is there any authority for this?

Shangara

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am back in HK, will be looking to get another suit, does anyone know where to purchase fabric for a suit. The only place I could find is KC lee & co however I don't think they do, VBC, Holland and Sherry etc

Thanks guys

Hi, Kieren. I bought mine from Artestile at Burlington House, Nathan Road. I have yet to try other shop.

bamboo

Reaction score
@Shangara It looks nice enough to me. I bet the fabric is quite light weight hence you see the lines of shirts and pockets visible. Lapel button holes, I have seen both example. I would prefer a bit wider lapel but as you said it is a personal choice. Only concern for me is a little of pull on your right shoulder, which I see frontal picture of the jacket.

Rahulvani29

Reaction score
@Shangara It looks nice enough to me. I bet the fabric is quite light weight hence you see the lines of shirts and pockets visible. Lapel button holes, I have seen both example. I would prefer a bit wider lapel but as you said it is a personal choice. Only concern for me is a little of pull on your right shoulder, which I see frontal picture of the jacket.
Looks fantastic ...

Back is very clean and it’s absolutely bang for the buck

I also ventured out and got fitted with 2 different tailors .. one in Mirador and the other on Chatham Road .. excellent experience ..

5A6380E6-D256-44EF-B7B8-DD3DF8BCCE0E.jpeg

20778990-B351-40D6-AC5D-EA2E57920AB7.jpeg

kieren

Reaction score
Hi, Kieren. I bought mine from Artestile at Burlington House, Nathan Road. I have yet to try other shop.
Hi thanks will check that out when I get my next suit done, there is actually quite a large fabric store called Omega on the 3rd floor in mirador mansions.

kieren

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a review of two tailors from mirador mansion. One which I had a major problem with

1. Lok sifu (https://www.facebook.com/LokSiFuTailor) 13/f :

The suit was a two piece double breasted (post #125,127), price break down is as folows:

2800 for labour for 2 piece
930 for VBC chalk stripe super 100
200 for unlined
100 Milanese buttonhole

It was my first proper suit so I it was a lot to take in so didn't really know what to check. But over the past few months I have been getting more into men's tailoring etc. So out of curiosity recently I decided to check the canvassing on the suit by Lok sifu and I realized it was actually a half canvas, as it is clear the canvas only extends half way down the jacket (the jacket is unlined so I am able to get right under the two layers of cloth through an opening inside the jacket). So giving him the benefit of the doubt I assumed he might just have mistaken and got it wrong. So I decided to go and ask him about it earlier today. So in short he was extremely rude, kicked me out telling me I was mental and should check the receipt and that I only paid for half canvas (he was not willing to check his records etc). I am sure other people might have nice suits made by him but I was quite upset that I got more or less scammed by him.

In regards to my thoughts after wearing it for a few months:

-my shoulders naturally point forward, which this suit does not address. (I realised this much later)
-there are dimples on the shoulders which I noted in earlier posts because of excess material I believe (I tried to ask Lok sifu to fix he ignored me)
-trousers fit very well (but were missing the buttons for suspenders (I requested))
-hugs the back and the waist very nicely
-all the stripes on the jacket lined up perfectly with each other

2. Ng sifu 5f:

The suit is a two piece in mid grey herringbone. Single-breasted with two buttons patch pocket and high waisted trousers (can post picture if you guys want)

2800 for labour for 2 piece
960 for Herringbone (Italian mill (don't remember which one exactly)

I picked up my finished suit today, slight issue with one shoulder extending slightly more than the other one. Will go tomorrow and see if I can get it sorted. Otherwise everything has been great. As Ng sifu is a very lovely gentleman (offered me a blue lady every time I went up lol)

Thoughts after wearing it today:

-hugs the back beautifully
-trousers are perfect in terms of fit
-issue with one shoulder being slightly more extended than the other (will see if I can get it sorted tomorrow)
-everything else is good (hoping to make a second suit with him if shoulder issue is sorted)

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

Thanks guys
you come from Ireland from your said 65#. you can get british fabrics from local shops in Ireland before you visit HK, and have your HK Baotou to make your suit. I guess you can get your fabrics at lower cost in Ireland.

1# shows you how to make Google search, the blog tells many local HK fabric shops.

Hi everyone just a review of two tailors from mirador mansion.
I was quite upset that I got more or less scammed by him.

-everything else is good (hoping to make a second suit with him if shoulder issue is sorted)
BaoTou 1 Vs BaoTou 2,

your 125# said full canvas. if that is what you paid for, you have to look into your issue. ask another BaoTou to verify it's full canvas or half canvas (any BouTou can easily verify for you, free of charge). if that is half canvas while you ordered and paid for full canvas, ask your baotou 1 to fix your problem. that's his job. this is your consumer rights.

now, you have found a more suitable BaoTou 2 for you.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Overall speaking, I am quite satisfied with the suit (especially when I compare the fabric quality and the fitting with ready-to-wear of similar price range).

But there are two areas for improvement:-
(1) I asked for black colour buttons, but the buttons for trousers became brown.
(2) I asked for inward pleats, but it has become outward instead.

I accepted as they were.
from my understanding for ready-to-wear suits of all brands, I see suits under HK$10k are fused. I can't find any half canvas or full canvas ready-to-wear suits for under HK$10k.

he offers bone buttons only. he said there is no black color bone buttons. i got dark brown buttons in darker color suits. you can ask him to change the buttons for you. you can pick the lining fabric and buttons when you make your order.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads