• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

rbertwong

Reaction score
First fitting with Baotao No.1. Thanks Mr. B for accompany + taking pictures for me, really appreciate for it.

2017-08-29-PHOTO-00000035.jpg

2017-08-29-PHOTO-00000039.jpg

2017-08-29-PHOTO-00000034.jpg

Last edited:

Shangara

Reaction score
IMG_4545.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
Would any of you guys have recommendations for getting a shirt done? About what price should I be paying and what kind of fabrics should I be looking at? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Shangara

Reaction score
My first MTM band collar shirt HK$300 (US$38.5) from Sun May Shirt in Sheung Wan. Loose fit - it's comfortable for me.

Shangara

Reaction score
Good morning, Mr Fishball.

Yeung Sifu told me that the Wanchai building is bought out by a developer and is to be demolished. I went to his home-workshop in Hilier Street, the same building as the Snake Master Lam.

In the first photo, behind me is Yeung Sifu's sewing machine. But I believe he does outsource part of the work to others.

sarorialnoob

Reaction score
Hi all,

A total newbie here, have been reading some forums. Mainly interested to get CMT shirts done. Have tried searching but not found any fabric house selling Thomas Mason. Can anyone please assist here ? Thanks

bamboo

Reaction score
The starter of this thread has a blog site with a lot of info. Go to the very first post of this thread, you will know the way how to find the blog. The blog has an information which you are looking for.

sarorialnoob

Reaction score
The starter of this thread has a blog site with a lot of info. Go to the very first post of this thread, you will know the way how to find the blog. The blog has an information which you are looking for.

I did read where the fabric houses names are given but after calling, I was told they dont house Thomas Mason. Seems all just deal in suit fabrics

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi.
On the blog use "find" function of your browser and type "Thomas Mason". There is a name, address and telephone number.

sarorialnoob

Reaction score
Hi.
On the blog use "find" function of your browser and type "Thomas Mason". There is a name, address and telephone number.
Hi, sorry for the trivial questions. Where exactly is the "blog" you are referring to. I see on the first page is quite a long informative post about CMT and all related stuff and a mention of some fabric houses, however as I said those ones don't source Thomas Mason. Will appreciate your kind assistance here. Thanks

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi. I do not mean to be nasty, but it looks to me you actually did not read the first post of this thread.
Bold type is not by me but by the original poster. It says if you google "suitcmt hk", the search engine will show the blog.

"directly.

Google search : " Tailors (BaoTou) in Mirador for CMT suit HK. " or " suitcmt hk ", and you are there!

Coming for my next few posts:"

sarorialnoob

Reaction score
Hi. No problem. The blog is worth reading (or taking a look) to vaguely remember what kind of info it contains.
Hi was going over the blog, the G translate sucks. Not too sure but I do so a list of BouTou for Shirt stitching. Is that in any order of ranking and how are the charges like, not too sure is it per shirt or for fabric. Sorry I do not read chinese hence it does not seem very clear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics