• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Picked up the Ng coat and sent it straight to alterations because:
View attachment 1837714 View attachment 1837715 View attachment 1837716 View attachment 1837717 View attachment 1837718
I'm buying one more yard of fabric to have new sleeves cut, sewn, and attached. As far as the sleeves shown in the pictures, they can either match the pattern of the front (wrong pitch, twisted sleeves) or be reattached for the rights pitch (pattern mismatch), not both, because the cut is not salvageable. Thanks Ng!😄

you should point out the problem to your sifu if you think your jacket has a problem for alteration. left or right hand? anyway, I don't see a problem.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
you should point out the problem to your sifu if you think your jacket has a problem for alteration. left or right hand? anyway, I don't see a problem.
Yeah you're right! These websites are deceiving me😡
sleevepitchanimation.gif

Speaking of alterations: I've heard someone went up to Mirador shirt sifus for alterations for shirts finished long ago after that someone lost weight. The sifus charged that individual not more than 100HKD for the work (minimum hourly wage: ~55HKD IIRC) and the individual looked upset when paying that amount. Ng told me about how that same person - he called the person “neurotic” (神經質) - saved sifus of the building and so they “dare not upset him” (唔敢得罪佢). Funny how sifus on different floor can make such different comments about one person lol

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Yeah you're right! These websites are deceiving me😡
View attachment 1838134
Speaking of alterations: I've heard someone went up to Mirador shirt sifus for alterations for shirts finished long ago after that someone lost weight. The sifus charged that individual not more than 100HKD for the work (minimum hourly wage: ~55HKD IIRC) and the individual looked upset when paying that amount. Ng told me about how that same person - he called the person “neurotic” (神經質) - saved sifus of the building and so they “dare not upset him” (唔敢得罪佢). Funny how sifus on different floor can make such different comments about one person lol
your jacket on the wrong size models, ie . your wood model and Ng's wood model, both are wrong size.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
your jacket on the wrong size models, ie . your wood model and Ng's wood model, both are wrong size.
Ok👉🏼👈🏼 I'll distort gravity to make the sleeves look better.
A sifu based on the island and a Vietnamese tailor i get the fabric from just told me the same thing: there are problems with the sleeves. The latter even said I'd have to get them replaced after I should him the pics... he must be lying right🥺

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Ok👉🏼👈🏼 I'll distort gravity to make the sleeves look better.
A sifu based on the island and a Vietnamese tailor i get the fabric from just told me the same thing: there are problems with the sleeves. The latter even said I'd have to get them replaced after I should him the pics... he must be lying right🥺
wrong size wood models always turn things bad!

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
wrong size wood models always turn things bad!
I will wear it one day to show how the sleeve look then ;) I hope my model - i mean my body - doesn't make the sleeves look bad.

I can't believe these sifus and tailor shops could not see that the mannequin has a part to play in those pics!
Screenshot_20220930-102053_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-103249_Instagram.jpg

Notice how the patterns as pictured here look clean ONLY BECAUSE OF CAMERA ANGLES AND MAGICAL MODELS THAT NG AND TAILORS IN HK CANNOT BUY SOMEHOW. The local tailoring scene is surely on the wane😭😭😭

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I will wear it one day to show how the sleeve look then ;) I hope my model - i mean my body - doesn't make the sleeves look bad.

I can't believe these sifus and tailor shops could not see that the mannequin has a part to play in those pics!
View attachment 1838185 View attachment 1838186
Notice how the patterns as pictured here look clean ONLY BECAUSE OF CAMERA ANGLES AND MAGICAL MODELS THAT NG AND TAILORS IN HK CANNOT BUY SOMEHOW. The local tailoring scene is surely on the wane😭😭😭
your same trick again, is that wrong wood model or camera angles? this is the bespoke you quoted:

3rd video: 5:39 unmatched squares, sleeves line not level

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
your same trick again, is that wrong wood model or camera angles? this is the bespoke you quoted:

3rd video: 5:39 unmatched squares, sleeves line not level

Ok, well... I'll just put it on and publish the photos here

We should also get guys like @dieworkwear and Kirby Allison to join the convo too... Sorry for summoning you guys but the sleeves here look... interesting:
(EDIT: Sorry for the namedropping Derek. I hope it didn't offend you. Feel free to ignore this if you want and know that I have learned a lot from you sharing. Thanks. But yeah those are some interesting sleeves...)
Picked up the Ng coat and sent it straight to alterations because:
View attachment 1837714 View attachment 1837715 View attachment 1837716 View attachment 1837717 View attachment 1837718
I'm buying one more yard of fabric to have new sleeves cut, sewn, and attached. As far as the sleeves shown in the pictures, they can either match the pattern of the front (wrong pitch, twisted sleeves) or be reattached for the rights pitch (pattern mismatch), not both, because the cut is not salvageable. Thanks Ng!😄
I wonder if the model caused the sleeves to look twisted.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Ok, well... I'll just put it on and publish the photos here

We should also get guys like @dieworkwear and Kirby Allison to join the convo too... Sorry for summoning you guys but the sleeves here look... interesting:

I wonder if the model had anything to do with the twisted sleeves.
just the same as your quoted bespoke #1531 4"34 5"30 has unmatched squares and sleeves line not level, due to wrong size wood model and camera angles!

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
just the same as your quoted bespoke #1531 4"34 5"30 has unmatched squares and sleeves line not level, due to wrong size wood model and camera angles!
I can go ask them why ah, but Ng is supposedly better than Savile Row wor...

If Ng could explain why the squares on my sleeve do not have to (or should not) match the front... he should have explained?🤔

Yeah my tricks don't work anyway... although it's between Ng and me. Sigh.😩Everyone should go get Ng for great suits! Faithful customer Peke-approved

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I can go ask them why ah, but Ng is supposedly better than Savile Row wor...

If Ng could explain why the squares on my sleeve do not have to (or should not) match the front... he should have explained?🤔

Yeah my tricks don't work anyway... although it's between Ng and me. Sigh.😩Everyone should go get Ng for great suits! Faithful customer Peke-approved
high price for great suits, you are talking about Savile Row standard of unmatched squares and sleeves line not level. is that wrong wood model or camera angles?

#1531 4"34 5"30. what more can you say?

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
you are talking about Savile Row standard of unmatched squares and sleeves line not level.
#1531 4"34 5"30. what more can you say?
I cannot say anything I'm so scared that my twisted body arms and mind offend you and the coat.😰 I'll gladly take the coat home and bow down to it before getting it altered before I evoke your wrath... sorry lord Peke. I know you love Ng and his suits🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 I'm just sorry I offend you with my weight, camera angle, wrinkles and folds, and wicked wood models.😭😭😭

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

View attachment 1838185 View attachment 1838186

just use your same standard, you got sleeves line not level in your sample, is that wrong size wood model or camera angle?
sleeves line not level.jpg

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I cannot say anything I'm so scared that my twisted body arms and mind offend you and the coat.😰 I'll gladly take the coat home and bow down to it before getting it altered before I evoke your wrath... sorry lord Peke. I know you love Ng and his suits🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 I'm just sorry I offend you with my weight, camera angle, wrinkles and folds, and wicked wood models.😭😭😭
and your Savile Row standard sample shows the same, unmatched squares, sleeves line not level ! weight, camera angle, wrinkles and folds, and wicked wood models!

#1531 4"34 5"30

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads