• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Used the power washer for the first time today. It was cool to use, easy setup, and everything worked. TBH felt really extra considering all my neighbors who I've observed washing their car in the driveway just used the garden hose. I felt so out of place so much so that I opt to use a bucket instead filled with soap rather than the soap dispenser I bought to go with the power washer. Going to try the soap dispenser next time, might as well have some fun while working. The power washer also seem to leave less water spots on the car FWIW.

Jumping in the shower after "detailing" my car as well as cleaning up the front yard a bit, a thought crossed my mind about how fortunate I am to be living here. The privacy is nice (my uncle living in Mississippi gave me a puzzled look when he saw how close the neighbors were as I guess where he lives they are far and few in distance), with homeownership there's also always something do be done and I appreciate that as someone who likes to stay busy. Not leaving home for 7+ months now has also made this all the more real. It will be a year soon and I hope this feeling continues to grow fonder.

Also, I guess no one has experience with a power steamer for home use? Going to try it out tomorrow as Costco has one on sale. Will primarily use it for kitchen floor and bathrooms. In my research thus far it seems this tool is a toss up between car and home care.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The salvia is rioting.

IMG_2456.jpg

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a very weird late summer growth.

Red maples putting out 40% new red canopies in early October. Azaleas blooming out of season. Very odd stuff.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, we're putting in an offer. The other offer threw a wrench in our plans, so we just decided to go in with our best offer right from the start (which is still 6-7% off list). I honestly don't expect to get the house, unless the other buyers seriously lowballed them.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty Ive never done the power wash car thing but foam washing a car has grown in popularity which may use a power washer.

I am with you that house projects are nice. The new house has a few basic upkeep items early then it is growing into the place. I really like the raised beds @Omega Male put in recently. We have an area where I think a few of those would look really good but that may be a year or two off.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got an update from my agent that they're still considering the offers and will get back to us in the morning. My totally unfounded theory is that our offer was better, and they're trying to use it to increase the other offer. Still not getting my hopes up.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any thoughts on "self-managed" condominiums? I am looking at a unit in a 4-unit building. It appears the owner (of what should be a mansion) simply subdivided the property. The unit looks great but the shared spaces (just some short hallways) are a bit cluttered. The HOA is reasonable since there are minimal amenities.

Decided against this place and went for a cheaper condo that will need some updating - kitchen and laundry. Excited as my contract was ratified so I'm just getting started on the closing process. If there are no issues stay tuned for renovation updates!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got an update around noon saying that the family was still deliberating and asked if this was our highest and best offer (which it was). This gives me a little more hope that the other offer was a lowball. I hope the offer process is generally not this drawn out.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an update around noon saying that the family was still deliberating and asked if this was our highest and best offer (which it was). This gives me a little more hope that the other offer was a lowball. I hope the offer process is generally not this drawn out.
Seems like they are dealing with reverse sticker shock. Now they are trying to decide if they keep it on he market longer will a "more reasonable" buyer come along with a higher offer. It is probably good they had two low ball offers otherwise they would have dismissed you out of hand. I say you get it or atleast a counter offer to chew on

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like they are dealing with reverse sticker shock. Now they are trying to decide if they keep it on he market longer will a "more reasonable" buyer come along with a higher offer. It is probably good they had two low ball offers otherwise they would have dismissed you out of hand. I say you get it or atleast a counter offer to chew on
That’s my thought, too. Since it’s an estate, maybe there’s just one holdout or something.

My theory is that they put some work into mechanicals and concrete (driveway/walkway), and they are expecting to get that back at full retail, which is not how it works.

e.g. the house was worth $x before, and we put $y into it, so we think it should be worth $(x+y)

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. My realtor said those are basically laughed at in this kind of market.
What? Its to spur good faith conversations and not to “shop around for better offers”. I’m sorry but I think your realtor is an idiot.

Them coming back and asking if that was your best offer is another joke. They need to counter or you need to move on from that nonsense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads