• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with this cobbler on Taobao,
+1 for him

good work in my eye. not resole, but some other repair thing

AunToni

Reaction score
BaronJ in Shanghai
I know BaronJ only in that they carry some nice shoes, most of which I cannot fit into because my foot is too wide. Anyways, they do resoling? For Blake stitched shoes as well as Goodyear? I'll check them out then. Thanks!

Betta

Reaction score
Blazing wonder grey museum calf

1631159830126.png

1631159868812.png

1631159899167.png

styleophile

Reaction score
ACME Sizing Advice Please

Very tempted to order a pair of Oxfords from Acme after reading the posts and reviews here. I just want to get the sizing as close to right as possible… I have low volume feet that are D/E width in the toe box

Meccariello - Antonio suggested the M263 last which works well for me. He had created it for Medallion. I take a UK9 in the M263

Alden - Plaza in 10D is works for me. Barrie in 9.5D/E is perfect in the toe box while being roomy in the vamp. Need thick tongue pad.

Bonafe - I need tongue pads + 3/4 insole on both 946 and 363Mold. A full insole snugs up the toes too much

Carmina - Rain in 9K is probably close in fit to Aldens

Question: Would a standard Acme last work for me? (which one? shoe styles?)… or am I destined for MTO? Thank you all in advance!!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ACME Sizing Advice Please

Very tempted to order a pair of Oxfords from Acme after reading the posts and reviews here. I just want to get the sizing as close to right as possible… I have low volume feet that are D/E width in the toe box

Meccariello - Antonio suggested the M263 last which works well for me. He had created it for Medallion. I take a UK9 in the M263

Alden - Plaza in 10D is works for me. Barrie in 9.5D/E is perfect in the toe box while being roomy in the vamp. Need thick tongue pad.

Bonafe - I need tongue pads + 3/4 insole on both 946 and 363Mold. A full insole snugs up the toes too much

Carmina - Rain in 9K is probably close in fit to Aldens

Question: Would a standard Acme last work for me? (which one? shoe styles?)… or am I destined for MTO? Thank you all in advance!!
I think @BomTrady and @DL120 are the two guys I can think of with RTW experience in ACME on here. Could also talk to ACME/Medallion since I’d imagine they’re very familiar with the AM lasts developed for Medallion and their own.

styleophile

Reaction score
Could also talk to ACME/Medallion since I’d imagine they’re very familiar with the AM lasts developed for Medallion and their own.

Thanks! yes, I am discussing with Oliver at Acme. I have shared my fit experience with other makers with him.
So many knowledgeable folk on SF, like the folk you mentioned. Looking forward to your guidance!!

DL120

Reaction score
Acme is pretty much down the middle. They’ll be able to guide you if you share the characteristics of your foot, and sizing in other makers. It’s hard to get into the granular details beyond that without giving unrelated information. If you have measurements of your foot even better, you can email it to them, but all 5 of my pair, 5 different lasts and they all fit very well.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Thanks! yes, I am discussing with Oliver at Acme. I have shared my fit experience with other makers with him.
So many knowledgeable folk on SF, like the folk you mentioned. Looking forward to your guidance!!
Greetings. Oliver is exceptionally skilled at providing sizing advice. Trust him and you cannot go wrong. Of the shoes you noted, I wear Carmina Rain in 8UK and Meccariello MF2 Chukkas and the Nassim Oxford in Anthracite Museum, which I believe is also MF2, both in 8.5UK and I took a 8.5UK in Acme - which fits perfectly. The Acme last I have is N8, or something like that...sorry I don't remember. It's the split toe derby model. I am normally a UK8.5, so it was right point with most of my shoes. Good luck and I think you'll enjoy ACME.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads