• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

hiisociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
This is a truly great bag!

j-15-m-1.jpg

Anyone know what bag is this?

Thanks,
J

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Man...I'm really sick of seeing Filsons. I appreciate the quality of the bags and what not....but damn....they're EVERYWHERE!

Not around here. Interestingly, I've had more women comment favorably on this bag than any of the other ten or twenty I've used in the past 30 years. Never seen any in Toronto.

BTW, after a week, I'm loving this thing.

ldivine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
uochoko31-img600x451-1288494576s1zi4l94027.jpg

just put in a bid for this

Wtf would you use it for?. The dimensions in proportion to the strap make it look pretty useless for carrying much of anything...

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
want_les_essentiels_de_la_vie_trudeau.jpg
Want Les Essentiels Trudeau. Costs a little over 1K, but it's the type of bag that should last a lifetime.

124-04198-3p.jpg
God being a peasant is disheartening. I just want something clean, decent looking, and black. The Trudeau is pretty ideal but out of range. I thought I found an alternative, this Porter / Yoshida, but after a brutal jpy/usd conversion, comes to $760 (without ship or proxy included). Better but still out of range. Anyone have any suggestions >$400?

pdsf

Reaction score
^ Am vacationing in Hong Kong at the moment and saw a similar looking bag at Agnes B for about US$500 - full calf leather, minimal branding, basic briefcase style with a vertical zipper to an outside pocket, some internal slots, shoulder strap, etc. I don't know where you are but Agnes B has limited presence in the US. The brand seems to be very popular in Asia though. I tried to find a pic of the bag on line but wasn't successful....

Oh, a fellow peasant here!

DeadDJ

Reaction score
So I freaked out when I opened sufu and in one sales thread found a messenger I'd been wanting for months and a placeholder brief/bag I can use until I can go baller with the Want Trudeau. Porter x Men's Non No cable knit messenger. Now I just need to find (and afford) the UC knit sleeve perfecto.
5173457734_246ed43161.jpg
Undercover
5173457614_f8a6fe6fd2.jpg
It's brown but if it works out it's getting dyed navy or black - most likely black. I pray it works because it's literally the perfect placeholder bag. A little feminine but I can deal with that. There's an issue that this might be too small for my laptop. If so I'll be selling it. Get at me if you're interested and I'll let you have first dibs.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Seems like that's a lot of work and compromising for the second bag. Not the right color, not the right overall style, not even perhaps the right size? I mean... do you REALLY want that bag? It's your money... I dunno... just seems kind of panic-mode impulse buying to me.

And, to be honest, the styling doesn't seem at all close to the WANT, and rather busy with all those buckles/zips, etc. If you want the WANt, get the WANT, or just make due until then. I'm assuming it didn't cost $10, in which case you probably spent a lot for a bag you really don't want. (haha bad pun... WANT!)

DeadDJ

Reaction score
haha yeah I see what you mean and it's because I didn't really explain - the UC bag I like because I really like the UC bag. It has almost nothing to do with its similarities to the Want bag. I like the moto styling and I think it'll go really well with my overall style. The price was reasonable (1/4 of Want), dyeing will be a relatively simple and cheap-ish process, and I just realized there is no sizing issue. For some reason I thought my laptop was about 1" wider than it really was - and even it was wider, it would have been .25" I was stressing about.

Bags aren't high priority to me. I would have been happy with my black waxed messenger or the black plastic bodega bag I've been carrying around for the next year (0). The UC just came along provided me with an alternative I didn't expect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads