• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

pdsf

Reaction score
^whore away! I am a big fan of Glaser Designs. Myron is a great guy. I want to get one of their duffles.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
smc_bag_6.jpg

That natural leather is going to look crazy paired with the navy blue once it's got a couple months of oiling and wear under its belt. Great price, too ($175).

Who makes these?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
inlove.gif
Best username I have seen yet.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know, you girls talk about how "feminine" most of the bags that Uncontrol, me, and others post. But that Filson tote is girly. Those fruity little leather accents hardly scream "RAWWWR MANLY!" It looks like a diaper bag Branjolina would carry.
wink.gif
Note/disclaimer: I like Filson as much as the next guy, but how much praise it gets, vs. the ridicule some of other bags get, is disproportionate. Aside from the groupthink consensus of what constitutes "manly" and superlative, there is nothing structurally there to support it.

Roarck

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion about the new coach mens' bags line? I've been looking at the coach transatlantic flap business briefcase and I can't find a picture of how the interior is organized or anyone who has reviewed it. I want to use it for work to carry books, papers, pens, business cards and occasionally a laptop/laptop peripherals. I really want to know if it has a separate compartment on the inside for laptops or is it just one big compartment.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roarck
Does anyone have an opinion about the new coach mens' bags line? I've been looking at the coach transatlantic flap business briefcase and I can't find a picture of how the interior is organized or anyone who has reviewed it. I want to use it for work to carry books, papers, pens, business cards and occasionally a laptop/laptop peripherals. I really want to know if it has a separate compartment on the inside for laptops or is it just one big compartment.

I must admit being anti-Coach, myself. The styling (from afar) sometimes looks okay, but I find the quality of the leather, the hardware, the linings, and the overall finish to be very sub-par for the price, along with the Made in China construction. True, they are 1/3 the price of "top tier" or designer bags, but I think they're 1/10 the bag you'd get from elsewhere.

Overall, very low price-to-quality ratio, and also I find that they lack the refinement of a lot of other bags. But, again, just my opinion. Others may disagree and ultimately it comes down to what YOU need and want to buy.
smile.gif

Roarck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I must admit being anti-Coach, myself. The styling (from afar) sometimes looks okay, but I find the quality of the leather, the hardware, the linings, and the overall finish to be very sub-par for the price, along with the Made in China construction. True, they are 1/3 the price of "top tier" or designer bags, but I think they're 1/10 the bag you'd get from elsewhere.

Overall, very low price-to-quality ratio, and also I find that they lack the refinement of a lot of other bags. But, again, just my opinion. Others may disagree and ultimately it comes down to what YOU need and want to buy.
smile.gif

Wow, quick response, thank you. Can you recommend another leather bag for around $500 that has similar functionality but better finish in your opinion? I'm not married to any brand, I just want a classic leather business/laptop style bag with handles and shoulder strap that can hold all the stuff I need for work like papers, books, cellphone and folders.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could justify the need for one of these Cucinelli beauties. At 55% off, but bloody expensive. (I remember having two Want Les Essentiels laptop bags unused) Update: realized the pics do not work anymore. Here's the link to the Cucinelli items on ebay

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any interesting bags for around 250 USD? Was looking at Filson but its too boring
frown.gif

Looked through most of the thread, prices are too high
confused.gif

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads