Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

^whore away! I am a big fan of Glaser Designs. Myron is a great guy. I want to get one of their duffles.

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

[​IMG]

That natural leather is going to look crazy paired with the navy blue once it's got a couple months of oiling and wear under its belt. Great price, too ($175).

Who makes these?

3. onix

onix Senior member

4. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

[​IMG]

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    [​IMG] Best username I have seen yet.

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

You know, you girls talk about how "feminine" most of the bags that Uncontrol, me, and others post. But that Filson tote is girly. Those fruity little leather accents hardly scream "RAWWWR MANLY!" It looks like a diaper bag Branjolina would carry. [​IMG] Note/disclaimer: I like Filson as much as the next guy, but how much praise it gets, vs. the ridicule some of other bags get, is disproportionate. Aside from the groupthink consensus of what constitutes "manly" and superlative, there is nothing structurally there to support it.

7. Roarck

Roarck New Member

Does anyone have an opinion about the new coach mens' bags line? I've been looking at the coach transatlantic flap business briefcase and I can't find a picture of how the interior is organized or anyone who has reviewed it. I want to use it for work to carry books, papers, pens, business cards and occasionally a laptop/laptop peripherals. I really want to know if it has a separate compartment on the inside for laptops or is it just one big compartment.

8. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Does anyone have an opinion about the new coach mens' bags line? I've been looking at the coach transatlantic flap business briefcase and I can't find a picture of how the interior is organized or anyone who has reviewed it. I want to use it for work to carry books, papers, pens, business cards and occasionally a laptop/laptop peripherals. I really want to know if it has a separate compartment on the inside for laptops or is it just one big compartment.

I must admit being anti-Coach, myself. The styling (from afar) sometimes looks okay, but I find the quality of the leather, the hardware, the linings, and the overall finish to be very sub-par for the price, along with the Made in China construction. True, they are 1/3 the price of "top tier" or designer bags, but I think they're 1/10 the bag you'd get from elsewhere.

Overall, very low price-to-quality ratio, and also I find that they lack the refinement of a lot of other bags. But, again, just my opinion. Others may disagree and ultimately it comes down to what YOU need and want to buy. [​IMG]

9. Roarck

Roarck New Member

I must admit being anti-Coach, myself. The styling (from afar) sometimes looks okay, but I find the quality of the leather, the hardware, the linings, and the overall finish to be very sub-par for the price, along with the Made in China construction. True, they are 1/3 the price of "top tier" or designer bags, but I think they're 1/10 the bag you'd get from elsewhere.

Overall, very low price-to-quality ratio, and also I find that they lack the refinement of a lot of other bags. But, again, just my opinion. Others may disagree and ultimately it comes down to what YOU need and want to buy. [​IMG]

Wow, quick response, thank you. Can you recommend another leather bag for around $500 that has similar functionality but better finish in your opinion? I'm not married to any brand, I just want a classic leather business/laptop style bag with handles and shoulder strap that can hold all the stuff I need for work like papers, books, cellphone and folders.

10. engar

engar Senior member

11. clausc

clausc Senior member

I wish I could justify the need for one of these Cucinelli beauties. At 55% off, but bloody expensive. (I remember having two Want Les Essentiels laptop bags unused) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Update: realized the pics do not work anymore. Here's the link to the Cucinelli items on ebay

12. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

14. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

15. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

any interesting bags for around 250 USD? Was looking at Filson but its too boring [​IMG]

Looked through most of the thread, prices are too high [​IMG]
    thanks!