The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Desi

Desi Senior member

Strange question but does Coach products, other than clothing, go on sale? I was looking at the Harrison Suede Tote ($598) in petrol while I was in-store. Not really willing to pay the current price though.

2. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Strange question but does Coach products, other than clothing, go on sale? I was looking at the Harrison Suede Tote ($598) in petrol while I was in-store. Not really willing to pay the current price though.

I am not sure about the regular retail stores but they are all over the outlet mall networks [​IMG] There is usually a long line to get in tough.

3. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

5. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

It's nice, but not $280 nice.

What do you mean? I was interested in this bag - did you see it IRL?

6. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

Hey guys, I need a briefcase/manbag but know absolutely nothing about them. I saw a David King one in Filene's for $30; I found the same one online for $100 at Walmart of all places [​IMG]: http://www.walmart.com/ip/David-King...ndingMethod=rr Any idea on the quality? If not, any suggestions for brands ≤ $100? Thanks

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

I actually like it. If you wanted to spend a little more money (and who wouldn't!!!), Rag & Bone has a nice Fall/winter Attache available on their online store.

8. Jr Mouse

What do you mean? I was interested in this bag - did you see it IRL?

Just based on the images. [​IMG]

9. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

I actually like it. If you wanted to spend a little more money (and who wouldn't!!!), Rag & Bone has a nice Fall/winter Attache available on their online store.

Yes, that's a nice one. Saks has it, too, and they are doing a 20% off friends and family sale. I wish it was more structured though, but that's just my preference.

I would spend more money on leather to get better quality - it will serve you better and longer.

10. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Grabbed one locally today. The thing is gorgeous and the workmanship is superb. The hardware and other materials are top drawer. And, yes, it does fit a 15" MacBook Pro in a Incase neoprene sleeve. [​IMG]

Third picture is best rep of tan colour. Love it. Thx to SF for inspiring and directing yet another purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jr Mouse

Wanted a new weekender for traveling and general purpose duffel bag so I ended up purchasing the large Billykirk carry-all. Got it in black so it would match the BK briefcase I own and gave a quick review of here. It's nice with good construction and materials. The fact that it's shaped like and old tool bag give it a nice masculine look that's appealing even if you are not into the whole workwear fad (I'm not). [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Man...I'm really sick of seeing Filsons. I appreciate the quality of the bags and what not....but damn....they're EVERYWHERE! Anyways......I picked up the Belstaff 554. Belstaff jackets have gained a ridiculous amount of popularity, I'm hoping this bag doesn't. I LOVE this bag! Perfect size, have gotten so many compliments on it.....and I've never seen anything close to it down here in Florida. I added a coat of Obenaufs to the leather to darken it up and the contrast is pure sex. Here's a pic: [​IMG]

13. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Palmer & Sons from Vancouver seems to be gaining more exposure. Has anyone seen their bags irl?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

I wonder if there is a place in Vancouver where I could go see them, then I could go check it out for SF

15. ninjanine

ninjanine Active Member

I'm looking for a bag, a RRL military-style duffle bag, army-green with Navy insignia on it. I think it was featured on Gilt about a year ago. Anyone know the bag I mean? Have a pic or a link?