• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE CHEAP A$$ TIE THREAD: NWT Offerings From: David Hart, Gitman, Kiton, Etro, Dior, Armani, Zegna &

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvedged

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE: You must read the sale terms listed below before contacting me. I will wait no longer then 24 hours for replies from interested parties. I have been having too many people claiming that they want something and then disappearing for days, if not all together after going back and forth via PM. It is not fair to me or the other people waiting in line. As a result of this you must include your email address in your initial PM to me..

[COLOR=FF00AA]DUE TO THE LOW PRICES OF THE ITEMS HERE IN THIS THREAD/CLASSIFIED THERE IS A MANDATORY MINIMUM PURCHASE PRICE OF $39 PER SALE. DO NOT CONTACT ME ASKING FOR PURCHASES LESS THAN THAT AMOUNT.[/COLOR]

I have a sizeable selection of ties for sale. All are new with tags (some are manufacturers tags and some are store tags, some have both) unless otherwise noted.

Items marked with a double asterick (**) are from my personal collection and will most likey be staying price as marked as I am not dying to part with them. When I say personal that does not mean that it is used/worn. They are all new and with tags.

Vineyard Vines: U.S. Open edition tie from their custom collection. Brand new with tag in original box.

$39 CONUS, $44 International SOLD

David Hart: Not like this mans wares need any introduction. All of Davids ties are done in slim silhouettes & hand made in the U.S.A. all the Hart ties here carry retail prices of $95 each

- "Indigo" chambray & white stripe (Cotton) $34 CONUS, $39 International SOLD
- "Sage" Plaid (w/ 50's model reveal on interior lining) (Linen) SOLD
- "Natural" Tan Plaid w/ Black & Light Blue Stripes (Linen)
- "Natural" Tan Plaid (Linen) SOLD
- "Rust" Plaid (Cotton) Stiching on back loop came undone. Have it fixed for $5, do it yourself, leave it as is or remove it all together. $24

$34* each CONUS, $44* each International
*unless otherwise noted

Gitman Bros.: Once again, no introduction needed. All Gitmans are done in slim silhouettes & made in the U.S.A.
All of the ties below measure 2 & 3/4" wide (with the acception of the plaid tie) and carry a retail of $95

- Blue & Brown Stripe (Linen) SOLD
- Red & Brown Stripe (Linen) SOLD
- Pink & Brown Stripe (Linen)
- Tan w/ Light Blue Pin Stripes (Wool)
- Navy Blue w/ Light Cream Pin Stripes (Wool) SOLD
- Dark blue/green plaid (reminiscent of Woolrich's signature pattern) skinny tie made here in the USA from 100% ultrafine wool. Measures 55" long by 2 3/8" at widest point. SOLD

$34 each CONUS, $44 each International

Gitman Bros. for Neiman Marcus: Gitman does an exclusive line for NM in vivid shades of ultra soft corduroy. All Gitmans are made with slim silhouettes here in the U.S.A. and carry a retail of $95 each.

- Purple (2 & 3/4" Wide)
- Orange (2 & 3/4" Wide)
- Blue (2 & 7/8" Wide)

$29 each CONUS, $34 each International

Rooster:  Classic brand, classic ties, both made in the USA. Both appear to be new without tags.

- Cotton Floral w/ Blue Base/Backround (4" wide) $19 --> $9 CONUS,$24 --> $14 International
- Linen/Cotton woven skinny tie in Light Green & Cream (2 & 1/8" wide. 60% Linen/40% Cotton) $19 --> $14 CONUS, $24 --> $19 International

Pips by Rooster: Offshoot of a classic brand. This is a skinny knit square tipped tie in cream & tan stripe made from all Irish linen. This tie is new old/vintage stock with the tag still attached on back.

$24 --> $19 CONUS, $29 --> $24 International

J.Crew:

See J.Crew Sales Classified Here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/332885/...all-bnwt-18-styles-colors-to-choose-from/0_30

Salvatore Ferragamo: Burgundy skinny tie with Ferragamo signature decal throughout. Made in Italy of 100% silk, measures 2 & 1/8" wide at widest point & retails for $160.

$49 CONUS, $54 International SOLD

Elie Tahari:

$34 each CONUS, $39 International

Ermenegildo Zegna: All are made in Italy from 100% silk & carry a list/retail price of $170 each. Available colors/prints/patterns (from left to right as seen in the picture):

- Red & White Stripe (3 & 5/8" wide): See the "High End Tie" classified
- Pink & Red Stripe (3 & 5/8" wide): See the "High End Tie" classified

- Polka Dot Floral Print w/ Blue Base (4" wide) New old/vintage stock without tag $14
- Polka Dot Floral Print w/ Green Base (4" wide) New old/vintage stock without tag. Has small stain/mark at front bottom tip. Very hard to notice as pattern is so "busy". It may come out with a cleaning, i'm not sure. $9

Gucci: Red (w/ tan & black detail) Golf Club Print (see close up for detail) measures 2 & 7/8: wide. Made in Italy from 100% silk & carries a list/retail price of $180:

$39 CONUS, $49 International

Ike Behar: All are made in the USA & Carry a retail of $95.

- Black w/ White Stripes & Micro Dots (3 & 1/2" wide, 60% Silk/40% Cotton). SOLD
- Black w/ Grey & Light Blue Stripes (3 & 5/8" wide, 100% Silk) SOLD
- Multi-Tone Red w/ Purple Pin Stripes
- Muted Multi-Tone red w/
- Brown w/ White, Blue & Tan Stripes (3 & 1/2" wide, 60% Silk/40% Cotton)
- Muted Multi-Tone Green w/ Blue, tan & White Stripes
- Multi-Tone Green w/ Blue & White Stripes SOLD
- Brown, Olive Green & Tan Plaid (3 & 1/2" wide, 70% Wool/30% Silk)

$19 each CONUS, $24 each International

Neiman Marcus House Label: All are made in the USA (wool plaid is marked "Hand Made"), measure 3 & 1/4" wide (unless otherwise noted) & retail for $85 (with the exception of the wool plaid which is $100).

- Green, Black & Brown Plaid w/ Yellow & Aqua Stripes (Wool)
- White & Black Plaid (Cotton) SOLD
- Green, Blue & White Plaid (Cotton) SOLD
- Tan Woven Plaid (Cotton)
- Brown & White Check (Cotton, 3 & 3/8" wide) SOLD

$24 each CONUS, $29 each International

Etro: Khaki, Burnt Orange & Two Tone Green Stripe. Made in Italy from 100% silk. 3 & 3/4" wide. BNWOT (Brand New Without Tag)

$29 CONUS, $34 International 

Christian Dior: This tie is new old/vintage stock with it's original tag still attached (tucked inside of the small end of the tie). It is a light beige tie w/ paisley print & measures 3 & 3/8" wide. Made in Italy from 100% silk. Please note that the tie has one pull/run that is illustrated in last two pictures.

$14 CONUS, $19 International 

Christian Dior Monsieur: classic vintage line from Dior. Both are made in the USA of Italian silk. Both ties appear to be now old/vintage stock without their tags as they have no signs of wear

- Blue Paisley (3 & 7/8" wide)  $19 CONUS, $24 International 
- Geometric Diamond print w/ Maroon base/backround (3 & 3/4" wide) Tie has a pull/run (as illustrated in the pictures). the brand tag/beck loop needs to be stitched down at one corner as well  $14 CONUS, $19 International 

Giorgio Armani Cravatte: Both measure 4" wide and are made in Italy from 100% silk. Both are brand new old/vintage stock without tag)

- Black medallion (4" wide) SOLD
- Brown Print w/ Dots (3 & 3/4 wide)  $14 CONUS, $19 International  

Boss: Hugo Boss (Black Label): These are all 3" wide, 100% silk, made in Italy & carry a list/retail price of $95 each. Available colors/prints/patterns (from left to right as seen in the picture):

- Red Base w/ Dark Red & Light Blue Pin stripes
- Red, Black & White Stripe
- Black, White/Grey & Blue Stripe
- Deep Burgundy & white stripe $39/$44
NEW - Black, Blue & Pink stripe $34/$39
NEW - Navy Blue with Fuchsia, red & White stripes $49/$54
- Dark Blue Base w/ Smal White & Light Blue Geometric print SOLD

$24 each CONUS*, $29 International*
(*accept where noted otherwise)

Chaps by Ralph Lauren: Slim knit striped tie natural/tan & pink with subtle blue & green pinstriping. Made from 100% Linen & measures 3" wide. This tie is new old/vintage stock with original tag still attached (tucked inside the small end).

$9 CONUS, $14 International

NAPOLI DI NORDSTROM: Deep Red Burgundy w/ Fine White Stripe and reverse contrast Dark Blue skinny end. Measures 3 & 1/2" wide by 56 & 1/2" long. 100% silk. Made in Italy. $99 list price.

$24 CONUS, $29 International

Faconnable: Both are hand made in Italy, measure 3 & 1/2" at their widest point and retail for $115 each. **PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORANGE STRIPED TIE HAS A MINUSCULE MARK ON THE FRONT THAT CAN BE SEEN IN THE SECOND PICTURE. THE MARK IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO NOTICE & MAY COME OFF WITH A SIMPLE CLEANING./I]

- Solid Blue Chambray (100% Linen) $39 CONUS, $44 International SOLD
- Muted orange tie with multi-tone blue & white stripes (100% Silk) $19 CONUS, $24 International

The Townsman Plaid ties : Made in the USA from 100% cotton that has a very thin, soft feel/hand to it as it is unlined. Measures 57" long by 2 5/8" at it's widest point.

- Green/Blue Check Plaid (crumpled texture)

B]$14 CONUS, $19 International[/B]

City of London: Bright green tie with green & lavender flowers. Made in the USA from 100% silk. Measures 3 3/4" at it's widest point. **THIS TIE IS NEW WITHOUT TAGS**

Talbott Studio: Hand made in the U.S.A. from 100% silk. Measures 3 & 7/8" wide.

Paco Rabanne Paris: Hand made in Italy from 100% silk. Measures 3 & 5/8" wide. Lightly used w/ no signs of wear accept for one corner of the keeper loop on back being un-stitched. Easy fix)

Farentino Ferre: Hand made in Italy from 100% silk. Measures 3 & 3/4" wide. Brand new without tag.

The Beatles: Special Edition tie inspired by the song "All You Need is Love". Made in the U.S.A from 100% silk. Measures 3 & 7/8" wide. Brand new without tag.

Halston: Made in the U.S.A. from 100% polyester. Measures 4" wide. Brand new with tag.

Bert Pulitzer: Slim tie in faded brown with cream & blue stripes. All silk & measures 3" wide. This tie is new old/vintage stock with original tag still attached (tucked inside the small end).

Tommy Hilfiger : Navy blue neck tie with multi tone blue & white stripes. measures 3 1/2" at it's widest point. Made in the USA of 100% silk. Please not that the tie has a small pull/run on the very slim end of the tie which will not be seen when being worn.

Polo Ralph Lauren: Signature RL plaid compromised of green, maroon, blue & yellow with embroidered jockey at low center front in maroon red. Measures 4" at widest point. Hand made in the U.S.A. of 100% cotton. **THIS TIE IS LIGHTLY USED YET STILL HAS THE SMALL PRICE TAG STITCHED INTO THE SMALL END OF THE TIE**

$4 CONUS, $9 International

Bloomingdales (private label)

- Cream & Blue Stripe

- Light Blue Geometric
- Tan Geometric
- Red Geometric

Saks Fifth Avenue (private label)

Saks slim silk knit square ties: These ties are all made in Italy from 100% silk . They measure 58" long by 2 1/2 at their widest point. Retail is $95 each.

- Orange w/ Lavender Polka Dots

- Yellow w/ Orange Stripes
- Green w/ Orange Stripes

- Apple Green SOLD
- Pastel Pink SOLD
- Teal SOLD

Saks Corduroy Collection: These slim neck ties are all 100% cotton corduroy and are made in the U.S.A. Available colors (from left to right as seen in the picture):

- Navy Blue Slim 1 (3 & 2/8" wide) SOLD
- Navy Blue Slim 2 (3 & 1/8" wide)
- Navy Blue Slim 3 (3" wide)
- (Dark) Blue Skinny (2 & 1/2" wide)
- Red Slim (3" wide)
- Fuchsia Slim (3 & 1/4" wide)
- Purple Slim (3 & 1/8" wide)
- Brown Skinny (2 & 5/8" wide)

$19 each CONUS, $24 each International

SALE TERMS (Please read before contacting me):

- Payment is by money order or paypal (Absolutely no E-Checks via Paypal).

- Sales are final and returns are not accepted.

- Items are price as marked, They are not on offer.

- For the sake of prompt communication you must include your email address, location & size you are interested in (if applicable) with your initial PM.

- Wheather you decide to buy or pass: PM me back and let me know either way so I can move on to the other interested parties. It is only fair to them and to me.

- I leave accurate trader rating feedback promptly for all buyers. Please do the same for me when you receive your purchase.

- I am located in Long Island, New York (Suffolk County). Local pickup/delivery is available in many cases.

Any questions then please feel free to drop me a line via PM.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Kiton Back.jpg
    Kiton Back.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 92
  • Zegna Front.jpg
    Zegna Front.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Selvedged

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words.

I am running a sale until the 20th. Sale prices are listed in bold (the other prices are the original asking prices, not retail/MSRP prices, which are MUCH higher).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Selvedged

Reaction score
New price drops on top shelf brands: Kiton, Isaia, Gucci, Corneliani & Canali.

Group pricing applies on top of those reduced prices.

Selvedged

Reaction score
New drops made on the top shelf brands:

- Less than $90 for BNWT Kiton's

- Only $84 for BNWT Isaia's

- Rediculously low Zegna's & Gucci's at only $79 each all BNWT!

dst

Reaction score
Thank for the Tie Selvedged, arrived perfectly as expected and as described!

Pleasure to deal with.

Dewi

Reaction score
Free bump for a great seller, and some really great stuff. I wish those corduroys were a bit wider.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tcorbett

Reaction score
Got my four ties today. Box was damaged (damn post office) but you packed them so well that the ties were in pristine condition. Very happy with my purchase, you are a great seller.

Selvedged

Reaction score
Back to the top with some new additions from Zegna and Saks (solid knit's).

As you can see I am also about halfway through with "renovating" my thread picture wise so you will have bigger pics to view.

igimel

Reaction score
Just got my Corneliani. Thank you - pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to buying more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads